Manufacturing Process Engineer -- Bolingbrook, IL
**To apply for this position, click here**
American Axle Manufacturing is searching for an enthusiastic Production Process Engineer to join our team at our Bolingbrook, IL facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the selection and incorporation of automation and robotics for newly developed assembly lines, setting up control charting of critical features and processes, and monitoring and evaluating results to determine the performance capabilities and reliability of existing product lines.
The ideal candidate should have experience in a dynamic production setting, knowledge of online or offline programming, and experience operating 3-axis CNC machines.
- Assess new manufacturing equipment by recognizing vendors and equipment operation, analyzing equipment capabilities and service history, and determining vendor service and support.
- Develop plans for the purchase of manufacturing equipment by studying manufacturing commitments and processes, and assessing manufacturing requirements.
- Prepare equipment cost projections by analyzing investment, return, and savings.
- Determine optimal tooling for machining, solve design issues, and manage build sequences.
- Meet production requirements by creating necessary equipment modifications and advising teams on equipment installations.
- Provide training on new and modified equipment to operators, as well as reference and support resources.
- Ensure process integrity by developing and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Keep equipment records by filing documents and updating equipment database.
- Protect confidential information and caution others about potential breaches to preserve organizational value.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant education and experience.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in automotive manufacturing.
- Experience in operating 3-axis CNC machines.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
- Knowledge of Heat Treatment process is preferred.
You should be proficient in:
- PLC Programming Experience
You will work with the following machines and technologies:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC) (Fanuc)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis) (Fuji)
$38 - $40 / hr
AAM North AmericaBolingbrook, IL
ManufacturingView All AAM North America Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.