Optima Kierland Center 7180 is a 12 story, amenity rich high-rise condominium association located in Scottsdale, AZ.
Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all aspects of the Optima Kierland Common Elements includes, but not limited to, on-going regular maintenance of all building systems, fitness equipment and pool systems in compliance with maintenance schedules, identify maintenance problems, access course of action for repairs and contact the necessary vendors/subcontractors for service.
- Identifies maintenance needs throughout the building and course of action to resolve.
- Identifies maintenance needs throughout the community and course of action to resolve.
- Responsible for the mechanical, fire and life safety, elevators, security, pool/spa, common elements and grounds.
- Troubleshoots issues with building, fitness equipment and pool, minor repairs, drywall work and replacement of lights, ballasts and filters.
- Possess knowledge and skills to perform repairs and have the ability to access appropriate use of service vendors.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance schedules including performance, scheduling, review and record keeping.
- Assist with Move-in and Move-out process and follow procedure set for Community.
- Interacts with owners, residents and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- First point of contact for on-call emergencies – evenings and weekends.
- Performs other related duties, as directed.
Daily duties include but not limited to:
- Change light bulbs where needed
- Straighten furniture in all common rooms, patios and pool area.
- Inform community manager of any items in need of attention.
Weekly duties include but not limited to:
- Inventory supplies
Areas of Accountability:
- Maintain preventative maintenance program for all equipment, and common elements
- Schedule vendors and subcontractors, as needed
- Abide by OSHA guidelines and programs. Stay current on all safety and sanitation policies and procedures that impact the Community
- Prioritize work orders and accomplishes tasks, as requested daily. Meets weekly with community manager to inform same of on-going activities or projects
- Meets monthly with community manager and current Board
- Keep track of personal progress and goals
- Maintain scheduling flexibility, including holidays, evenings and weekends
- Work with management to train, develop and/or identify opportunities relating to personal area of performance
- Help foster and encourage a positive team attitude as it applies to productivity and professionalism
- Impact owners/residents in a positive manner to ensure experiences exceed their expectations
- Other related duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, and meet deadlines while being detail oriented.
- Exceptional organization and tracking skills.
- Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to proficiently utilize computer programs and database systems, including Microsoft Office, internet and e-mail systems.
- Ability to interact and work positively and effectively with homeowners and staff at all levels.
- Advanced communication skills both verbal and written.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within the department as well as with other departments.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool maintenance, painting, dry wall, welding and any other maintenance skills necessary to complete work orders.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to maneuver around, under and over obstacles and equipment.
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs/ladders, squat, bend and handle tools, as required.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work indoors and outdoors.
- High school diploma or GED and five (5) years of experience working in a maintenance role with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a lead capacity, preferably within an HOA or property management environment. Valid Driver’s License.