MRO and MAINTENANCE STOREROOM SPECIALIST
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
AAK USA INC
MRO and MAINTENANCE STOREROOM SPECIALIST - Port Newark, NJ
Making Better Happen for 150 years
At AAK, our company purpose is Making Better Happen and we have been doing it for 150 years. We specialize in sustainably sourced plant-based oils that are used by major manufacturers in making products that we eat and use every day, products you love, like chocolate, veggie burgers, candles, cosmetics, lotions, organic products and more. We are seeking colleagues who want to be part of our ambition to make a better environment and be a better neighbor in our communities. Everything we do is about Making Better Happen together
Join us in building a better future with us as a MRO and Maintenance Storeroom Specialist at our food ingredients manufacturing facility in Port Newark, NJ. The MRO and Maintenance Storeroom Specialist is responsible for purchasing activities for non-production materials and services via CMMS system and purchasing, manages daily activities of the maintenance shop and storage areas to ensure that critical spare components are available when needed. Manage MRO, identify, purchase, receive, store and issue materials and parts.
This is an on-site position in a Plant environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- · Monitor and manage the inventory of Maintenance Replacement Operating (MRO) components to ensure all repair items, from consumables to critical spares are available in the right quantity at the right time.
- · Identify part or component technical requirements, liaison with
- · Appropriate vendors for pricing and availability and create requisitions.
- · Issue purchase requisitions for equipment, parts, instrumentation and /or the services of contractors (ie, material handling and aerial lifts)
- · Manage Inventory
- · Identify low/ no stock inventory items
- · Receive goods through the purchasing system and CMMS
- · Store materials in designated CMMS locations, update as required
- · Issue materials to maintenance technicians as required
- · Supports CMMS (Emaint) system upgrades
- · Maintain Shop and maintenance storage locations in a neat and orderly 5S manner
- · Ensure accurate accounting of received components and documentation
- · Update component information in CMMS as needed
- · Oversee the cycle counting efforts for Maintenance stores, to include all critical parts and assures counts are completed as scheduled. Report on variances and resolve discrepancies.
- · Maintain inventory of critical spare parts at desired min/max levels, optimize levels for cost effective operations
- · Ensure the site’s safety and maintenance policies are being adhered to in the operation of the maintenance storeroom.
- · Improve mechanic’s wrench time and electrician efficiency by:
- · Preparing repair kits to support routing preventative maintenance jobs
- · Work with the maintenance planner to issue repair parts and assemble all materials for planned repair activities.
- · Working with finance team to ensure timely receipt and full accountability for maintenance purchase orders
- · Making short-notice field deliveries of repair materials and tools to team members engaged in jobs.
- · Other duties as designated
- · High School Diploma or GED
- · Min 5 years’ experience in chemical, food, pharmaceutical manufacturing, or service environment.
- · Knowledge of rotating components associated with pumps, gearboxes, motors, etc.
- · Familiar with CMMS or similar asset tracking systems
- · Experience in dealing with vendors, suppliers, and contractors
- · Must be a self-starter
- · Excellent organization skills
- · Proven ability to work in a team environment
- · Technical certification and experience with CMMS systems preferred
- · Ability to be on call as necessary and provide technical assistance as required, including evenings, holidays and weekends, via telephonic or on-site work.
- · Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
- · Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- · Safety Awareness: Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- · Work Standards: Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- · Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge of instrumentation and mechanical spare parts, keeps up with current development and trends in these areas.
- · Applied Learning: Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
- · Contributing to Team Success: Actively participates as member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- · Managing Work: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- · Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Your rewarding career and benefits include:
● Leadership development, e-learning and tuition reimbursement programs offering potential for you to progress your future career
● Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision) starting date of hire
● Health Savings Account with AAK annual contribution of $1,000-$1,500
● 401(k) Plan with 100% match
● Free Life and Disability insurance
● Employee Assistance Program
● Supplemental Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and Legal Insurance Plans
● Discounts on travel, amusement parks, concerts, movies, and more
● Celebrations, events, and activities on site and supporting our communities
● Amazon AwardCo recognition incentives for service and peer to peer recognition
We take responsibility, together with you, for health and safety and for creating a workplace that values diversity and inclusivity. Our leadership is committed to unleash your potential. We believe that a diverse team brings new perspectives and ideas to the table and motivates us to Making Better Happen in everything we do together. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and foster a work environment that’s welcoming and accepting so that anyone who applies or joins AAK has equal access to opportunity.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
At AAK Everything we do is about Making Better Happen™
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK USA, Inc.
131 Marsh StreetNewark, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?