3rd SHIFT FOODS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
3rd SHIFT FOODS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR -Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at aakfoodservice.com
Great opportunity to join our Production Leadership Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
We are currently seeking to hire a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor for our food manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
The Production Supervisor is accountable for leading the production team to produce goods that meet or exceed quality standards in an increasingly efficient way by application of TQM/LEAN principles and by demonstrating a mentality of driving for continuous improvement. The position is critical to attaining the annual plan for the business by effectively deploying personnel and efficiently spending operating and capital expenses.
Success in this role requires effective collaboration skills, general operating knowledge and the ability to consider, advise and influence on a multitude of issues. A high emotional intelligence (EQ), a compelling leadership style that fosters employee engagement and impeccable ethics are additional keystones for success. This operation is to be performed keeping safety as a primary objective and following established GMP, Safety and AAK Foodservice procedures and policies.
3rd Shift is worked Mon – Fri 10 pm-7 am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Leading by example, observes all good manufacturing practices (GMP) and behaviors according to Safety guidelines and Safety principles including the donning of appropriate personal protective and food safe equipment
- · Serves as a role model for workers in terms of work ethic, professional image, and conduct in full compliance with all policies and procedures
- · Communicates Safety, Food Safety, and Quality policies to all employees. Ensures such policies are applied by all employees, at all times.
- · Fosters strong team orientation that assimilates new team members effectively and minimizes turnover
- · Ensures high employee engagement by use of effective approach to orientation to personal and food safety training, company culture, procedures, rules, and job requirements; monitor progress frequently to focus on building knowledge and proficiency as well as good work habits
- · Develops, deploys and manages staffing that enables effective delivery of high-quality goods in the most efficient way
- · Manages and adjusts labor on a daily basis as production needs change.
- · Monitors work activity in all production areas to address problems, ensure processing procedures, safety rules, and sanitation standards are followed
- · Coaches various team members on a daily basis on how to translate customer requirements to effective line setup, operation and designated maintenance; Instruct new or any contract employees in work rules, methods, and procedures for assignment
- · Recommends measures to improve production approaches, equipment performance, and quality of product
- · Suggests changes in work conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency and/or improve safety of department or shift
- · Actively participates and enforces company initiatives; such as 5S, iAuditor, Factory monitoring.
- · Interprets company policies to workers and enforce safety and sanitation regulations via company SSOPs, fairly and consistently
- · Coordinates job training for team including collaboration of development plans
- · Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments or shifts
- · Maintains time and production records and submit timely payroll data
- · Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials or supplies as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5-7 years continuous production supervisory experience (Ready-to-eat foods product experience is a plus including batching)
- High school degree or equivalent; certificate from college or technical school preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated success interviewing, hiring and training new employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising employee performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish is a plus
- Coaching mentality and effectiveness with entry level workers across English and Spanish that cultivates high performance/high engagement
- Effective communication skills with multiple audiences including customers, direct teams, peers, superiors, and outside resources
- High mathematical aptitude and mastery of basic arithmetic operations as they relate to calculating and converting various units of measure
- Ability to read, comprehend, write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- High attention to detail, tenacity, and resilience
- High degree of honesty, respect, and trustworthiness
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, pharmacy and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK USA, Inc.
465 Hillside AvenueHillside, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?