Our client is looking for experienced software developers to build awesome software for their clients. Clients like Discovery Channel, NPR, and Microsoft rely on them to build high quality products for their customers. If you're a junior developer, capable of building world-class software, and ready to collaborate with an amazing team of developers, let's talk.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Delivering cutting-edge, consumer software products.
- Cross platform and native mobile apps.
- Responsive web applications.
- Cloud infrastructure and services to support web and mobile product ecosystems.
- Collaborating with client stakeholders though Agile process to refine requirements and acceptance criteria and maximize stakeholder value.
- At least 5 years of industry experience building production quality software. Generally, they prefer engineers with more than 10 years of industry experience.
- Experience working from home, and working as part of a distributed team. We are looking for self-directed engineers who are most productive in flexible work environments.
- Experience with Agile software process, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and iterative and incremental delivery.
- Rigorous experience with Agile engineering techniques including:
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Test automation and test driven development
- Reuse and refactoring
- Emergent design
- Polyglot development experience, and a track record for learning new technology stacks.
- Experience integrating disparate systems through APIs and other technologies
- Exprerience with React or React Native a plus.
- Experience with C# web applications and Xamarin mobile apps a plus.
This is a contract position (initial engagement will be six months – with the likelihood of extension, or conversion to being a full time employee of our client) working from home. There will be the occasional meeting in our clients’ Northern VA offices, but the majority of time you will be working remotely. We are only looking for candidates in the continental US at this time.
The hourly rate for this position can be up to $120/hr. (1099 or c-2-c), depending on your level of experience. If you would prefer to be an employee of AAJ during the contract period, we can discuss appropriate compensation level.
If this sounds like you, please respond with your Salary/Hourly rate requirements as soon as possible.
Please no agencies.
About AAJ Interactive Technologies:
AAJ Interactive Technologies, established in 1997 by cutting-edge technology executives, is a technology professional-services company supplying project-based consulting, staff augmentation and recruiting services to leading firms throughout Metropolitan Washington, DC.
We work differently from most of our competition. We have been in both a position of hiring, mentoring and managing large staffs inside a corporate culture, as well as consultants for hire. This unique perspective allows us to understand both sides of this business. We take the time to ensure our consultants/candidates placed will be successful.
We believe that because of our principals we have succeeded where others have failed. The greater DC technology space can be full of companies that are not really looking out for your interests. Ask around, we’re not one of them! We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to help you do just that!