AAC, a Federal IT Service provider headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, is recruiting for a Director of Business Development for management of a team of BD Managers and cradle-to-grave capture management and business development processes to include development, generation and closure of new business opportunities within the Federal Government IT market (Civilian and DoD). The position will report directly to the President of AAC.
The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of new business development opportunities necessary to meet or exceed the company's forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend business development and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Effectively manage a small team of BD Managers to include:
- Identification, evaluation, cultivation and capture of an individual pipeline of new business in federal IT market.
- Support proposal development activities and aid in developing winning proposal strategies that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Identify, introduce and coordinate teaming partner opportunities and relationships.
- Develop and deliver presentations and participate in business development meetings with government customers and industry partners.
- Coordinate capture activities among the team
- Lead weekly and monthly BD/Pipeline reviews
- Perform annual performance evaluations
- Responsible for BD Team’s annual goals and metrics
- Enforce company policies consistently and fairly
Coordinate, manage and attend conferences, meetings, trade shows and industry events.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum of 10 years of Federal IT BD/Capture experience
- Experience successfully managing a BD team
- Experience with Shipley BD/Proposal processes
- Demonstrated experience of winning Federal IT new business within the past 24 months
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT concepts, trends, solutions, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing, or related field preferred
- Active Secret (or above) Clearance Preferred/Ability to obtain a security clearance required
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
AAC offers very competitive salaries, a strong commission/bonus plan, and excellent benefits package. Telework is available for this position.
AAC is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.