VP of Human Resources
AABR, INC College Point, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vice President of Human Resources AABR , Inc.
AABR is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources to lead all human resources operations, talent acquisition, organizational development and learning, culture, and internal communications related activities for the organization. As a member of the senior leader ship team, VP works closely with the team to align the Human Resources agenda with the strategic objectives for the organization.
DEPARTMENT: Executive/ Administration
REPORTS TO:CEO/Executive Director
JOB LOCATION: Main Office 15-08 College Point Blvd, College Point, NY
JOB STATUS: Full - time
AVAILABILITY: M-F 8:30 am-4:30 pm and may require some flexibility to work during nonstandard hours
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Director of HR, Benefits Manager, HR Clerk, Payroll Supervisor, Payroll
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
DATE PREPARED/REVISED: September 21, 2021
• Oversee all HR initiatives and HRIS systems.
• Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance.
• Drive a culture that embodies AABR values that reward, promote and encourage high performance throughout the organization.
• Lead organizational compliance with all federal, state , and local labor and employment law issues and requirement s.
• Lead conversion from a paper-based system to an integrated technology-based HRIS solution.
• Work with HR consultant on planning, training and implementation of HRIS system.
• Develop comprehensive, updated employee policy and procedure s, and employee handbook that motivate employee s, and that align with the organization' s business goals and its values.
• Implement key diversity, racial equity and inclusion initiatives.
• Build a strong employee development framework including career paths, training, recognition and promotion activities.
• Measure, t rack , and improve employee engagement and retention.
• Develop performance management and improvement systems, including recognition and rewards programs.
• Lead succession planning initiatives across the organization.
• Design and execute employee incentives and benefit offerings.
• Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards.
• Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required.
• Anticipate and resolve litigation risks .
• Assist CEO with special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field required, Master's Degree preferred
• Minimum of 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience including a solid foundation in employee relations and providing leadership at the senior level; at least 3 years at a senior leadership level.
• Nonprofit experience preferred.
• Experience with OPWDD provider agencies prefer red.
• Experience negotiating Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of ADP, HRIS systems
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management and leadership development, performance management, organizational design, recruitment and compensation philosophies. Current knowledge of emerging HR trends and practices.
• Demonstrated success in driving change and shaping an organization' s culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
• Project management experience, problem-solving skills relative to gathering, organizing, analyzing and presentation of data.
• Demonstrated success building collaboration within and across teams and building strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
• Unquestioned integrity and ethics combined with the professional credibility and accountability to command respect and engender confidence across the organization.
• Excellent technology skills
• Ability to acquire and implement knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in human resources management and administration.
• Flexibility and ability to work on time-sensitive and multiple high-priority projects .
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills .
AABR, INCWhy Work Here?
We have great benefits for our employees. We offer free medical, dental and vision for all our eligible employees.
AABR Inc. Is a non for profit Organization that services individuals with Autism and Intellectual Disabilities in a Residential and Day Program setting. We strive to give individuals the best quality care while instilling independence.
15-08 College Point BlvdCollege Point, NY