Accounting Analyst - Insurance Accounting
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
At AAA, our Team Members strive to deliver amazing service and help our Members outsmart life's roadblocks. We believe everything you do outside of work adds to who you are at work. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
Why Work For Us?
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more!
- 401k Matching - $1 for $1 company match up to 6% of pay
- Annual Incentive Plan - Eligibility to participate in AAA NCNU annual bonus plan
- Paid Time Off - Team Members accrue paid time off monthly with an additional 24 hours per year earmarked for volunteer activities
- Collaborative Environment - AAA will value your contribution to providing exceptional service to our members
Responsible for a variety of tasks such as verifying, billing, account reconciliation, posting, computing and summarizing accounting and billing records.
- Monitors, controls, reconciles and maintains financial activity and balances of accounts.
- Identifies, researches and corrects questionable transactions.
- May provide complex reconciliations and analyses in preparation of information to support both external and internal audit review and prepares recommendations for changes as needed.
- Provides, acquires and exchanges reconciliation information with business partners. Acts as a liaison and provides coaching to the business partners to facilitate quality of reconciliations.
- Resolves escalated and/or complicated customer inquiries and concerns. Brings unresolved issues to management with recommendation on how to proceed.
- Prepares a variety of management reports and analyses to include summaries of financial transactions, new services or procedures/policies.
- May participate in Accounting Services projects to include the development of new systems, products and entities. Documents processes and procedures for a variety of activities and workflows.
- May act as team lead for operational staff. Is a resource on more complex processing issues, researching financial discrepancies and escalated customer service and vendor concerns.
- Knowledge of insurance/travel/members business practices and procedures as related to financial accounting and/or statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Sound analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound account analysis and reconciliation skills to handle work of moderate complexity.
- Sound skills in Workday, Excel, Word
- Skills to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally to all levels of management.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- 2-4 years previous relevant work experience
Job Stability - Career Growth
Great Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
Retirement - 401k matching up to 4%
Work/Life Balance - PTO 3 Weeks + 9 paid holidays
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
Why work for us? Job Stability - Career Growth Great Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision Retirement - 401k matching up to 4% Work/Life Balance - PTO 3 Weeks + 9 paid holidays
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah