Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
Branch Sales and Service Specialist II - part-time
AAA is a strong and vibrant member service organization, providing automotive, travel, insurance and financial products and services to millions of members for more than 100 years. We are much more than Emergency Road Service!
At our branch office locations AAA members and soon-to-be-members obtain road maps and TripTik® travel routings, buy discount tickets for theme parks, special attractions and movie theaters, get passport photos taken, procure foreign currency, secure PennDOT vehicle license, registration renewals and title transfers, get a quote and sign up for auto, home and life insurance, and much more!
The Sales and Service Specialist position available at the New Castle AAA office, although part-time, is an excellent stepping-stone opportunity for someone interested in a long-term career position. For the right person there may be potential for full-time employment within one year.
Your role will be a critical component of our branch staffing plan, enabling us to provide outstanding service to our members and customers. You will be scheduled an average of 28 hours each week; specific days and starting and ending times will vary from week to week. We're seeking an individual with flexible availability and willingness to work whenever scheduled. The office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday and 10:00am to 2:00pm on Saturday. Closed Sundays and most holidays off.
The base pay rate is in the range of $10.81 to 11.53, per hour. Not enough?? Take control: Your earnings will exceed the hourly rate with the incentives you’ll earn through your sales activities!
Key responsibilities of this position:
- Greet members and customers, determine the nature of their their needs and provide legendary service!
- Achieve monthly goals and earn incentives for various product and service transactions;
- You will use road maps and reference materials to provide service to auto travelers by creating AAA TripTik® Travel planners and marked road maps; you'll also provide destination information and may secure hotel accommodations;
- Showing gratitude and customer appreciation you will accept payments and provide accurate change and receipts;
- You'll take passport photos, issue international driving permits, travel money cards, foreign currency, and EZPass GoPaks;
- You may also handle basic bookkeeping duties such as balancing and reconciling cash drawer.
Qualified individuals will have:
- 1-2 years customer-facing sales experience;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with no hesitation to promote and sell AAA services and products;
- Motivated and career focused, with interest in career development opportunities;
- Exceptional accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Strong PC/Windows and internet skills;
- Familiar with U.S. geography, good sense of direction, ability to read road maps;
- Previous money handling and cashiering experience with ability to make correct change;
- Minimum H.S. diploma or GED; some college preferred.
Part-time employees are eligible for benefits including FREE AAAPlus membership, paid time off, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a generous company match, life insurance, optional medical, dental & vision insurance, and more.
The selected candidate must successfully complete Auto Club pre-employment assessments, criminal background check, and drug screenings.