Safely meeting our customers' expectations is what separates us from our competition. If you are looking for a career that gives you predictable and consistent routes while operating modern safe equipment, and being home every night, this is the career for you.
Don't wait another day to join over 1700 family members with 10 plus years with AAA Cooper Transportation.
AAA Cooper Pick-up and Delivery Drivers are a vital part of customer relations and are responsible for ensuring that our customers' freight is delivered on time and damage free. As a full-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Health Savings Account contributions
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Wellness programs
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Safety and Performance Rewards Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perform safe and legal operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Load and unload trailers and move freight across the terminal dock, either individually or with assistance of co-worker, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment, as required.
- Record quantity and type of shipments using bills of lading, delivery receipts and tally sheets.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relations between our company and our customers.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks and tractors.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years or older
- Class A Interstate Commercial Drivers' License with hazardous materials and double/triple endorsements
- One year driving experience required
- Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical
- Satisfactory background check
- Pass ACT road test
- Flexible Hours
- Have the ability to be certified as a forklift operator.
- Be familiar with proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Count, add, and subtract digits up to 10,000's.
- Be able to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Have a working knowledge of all DOT regulations that govern your particular job.
A Pick-up and Delivery Driver must have the ability to:
- Be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an extended period of time.
- Be able to shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Perform frequent actions such as: squatting, bending, twisting, turning and reaching overhead.
- Enter and exit trailers as many as 40+ times per day with the assistance of various handholds and steps.
- Perform frequent pushing and pulling of freight up to 500 lbs. on a dolly or cart, as well as, freight weighing more than 100 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
- Frequently carry freight weighing up to 110 lbs. of varying size and shape up to a distance of 53 feet.
- Spend up to 50% of the day standing and/or walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, or metal.
- Hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, and open and close the cargo door.