AAA Companies is a fast-growing all-inclusive national facility services company in search for a Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources Department in Valencia, California.
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the HR Department including full cycle recruiting, administering pay, benefits, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position is responsible for administrative, compliance-oriented, and strategic duties. Administrative tasks include recruitment processes, on-boarding processes, maintaining employee records both internally and through an HRIS and employee self-service in being the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
To receive priority considerations copy and paste this link to a new web browser and apply on the Company's Applicant Tracking System: https://www.infinityhr.com/extranet/recruiting.aspx?id=43145291-A420-40D3-B809-980D650AEB00&src=ZipRecruiter&rqid=DE0D294A-F742-4050-B4E6-150938FBE425
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts and acquires background checks, DMV checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity; recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Gathers and analyzes data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Draft and assist in drafting job descriptions as needed.
- Maintains employee files and records in electronic and paper form, including file retention and I-9 compliance.
- Managers all mandatory reporting requirements like EEO-1, Bureau of Labor Statistics, New Hire Reporting (DE-34), etc.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees and community.
- Prompt communication via phone and email.
- Understand, follow and lead others to comply with company policies and regulations.
- Encourage teamwork and create a productive team environment.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes.
- Bilingual Spanish and English.
- Facility Maintenance or construction industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of human resource generalist experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, both Federal and State.
- Ability to keep clear and decisive records.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced field environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Writer, email and computer skills.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, GAP Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- 401(k) profit sharing
- Holiday Pay/PTO/Sick Pay
- Career progression
AAA Companies have been in business since 1995. We are dedicated to providing services to commercial and retail property managers, business owners and facility managers and have grown in direct response to the requirements of our long-term clients and ever-expanding new clientele. We contribute much of our success to our employees and AAA is dedicated to promoting from within.