Prefer candidates with experience in a lab setting
Must be very proficient with computers
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally and written.
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take in resolving problems.
6. Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all applicable safety requirements.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean; complies with 5S workplace standards.
8. Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to lift up to 50 lbs.; maneuver large carts and/or racks with specimens.
9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working environment.
10. Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
11. Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
12. Minimal data entry skills.
13. Good organizational skills.
14. Understanding of specimen types related to test(s) ordered.
15. Clinical department requirements with regard to specimen types and quantity needed for each test, specimen handling and delivery.
16. Understanding of compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis.
17. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of continuous improvement.
18. Commitment to fulfilling internal and external customer requirements in the course of carrying out routine position responsibilities.
Provide an exceptional client experience
Deliver on our commitments
Build trust by thinking and acting with integrity
Create an environment that inspires innovation