We are seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician CPhT - Active PTCB Certification to became a part of our team! You will assist in the preparation of medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
Pharmacy Tech (Pharmacy Technician Board Certified) Department of Veteran Affairs Medical Clinics & Facilities Support
Location: Nashville, Tennessee and Murfreesboro positions available
Certification: Must have a current and unrestricted pharmacy technician license in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia
Pay Rate: $14.40-$15.25 per Hour (Negotiable depending upon Experience, Certifications & Skills)
General Requirements –Pharmacy Technician : Federal Contract Support
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have current licensure/certification in good standing with a U.S. Pharmacy Technician Certification Board as a current technician.
- Must be able to pass a National Agency Check w/ Inquiries (NAC-I)
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs final review of medication (prepared by another technician) to be dispensed to inpatient areas (unit dose carts) and/or fills unit dose carts independently without secondary review.
- Appropriately restocks all medication/pharmacy items in Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC) throughout healthcare system.
- Manufactures uncomplicated and/or complicated parenteral admixtures to be delivered in the form of large volume, small volume, infusion syringe or other modality as required and in full compliance with USP797 and USP 800.
- Correctly selects and measures appropriate ingredients, mixes ingredients in a safe and effective manner, inspects final product for accuracy, suitability and elegance, labels the product, maintains the records of the manufacturing process and supplies the product for delivery.
- Accurately fills prescription orders for final pharmacist check by selecting correct product based on label requirements and assures each item is filled and labeled according to all applicable standards.
- Operates automated prescription filling system to process patient medication orders.
- Operates automated system to ensure appropriate repackaging and barcoding of inpatient unit-dose medications.
- Function as a Patient Relations Assistant in Telephone Care Call Center as required.
- Actively participates in the quality assurance program.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following qualifications:
· United States military veterans
· Strong knowledge, training, and experience in pharmacy operations.
· Pharmacy technicians with previous Department of Veteran Affairs Experience.
▪ Remains in full compliance with HIPAA laws and accreditation requirements.
▪ Respects and acknowledges the organizations commitment to cultural diversity.
▪ Consistently demonstrates good use of time and resources.
▪ Consistently interacts with clients and staff in a professional manner
Must Pass or have current Health examinations and evidence including:
Evidence of a current physical examination (within one year)
Evidence of Hepatitis B immunity (hepatitis immune titer, if provider has had the series of shots; if no immunity, evidence that provider has started the Hepatitis B vaccination series.)
Please include copies of all Resumes with at least three (3) professional references, Certifications, and other qualification documents with your application
A2A Integrated Logistics Inc
Why Work Here?
Lots of room for growth and gain experience working in the government sector!