Research Associate - Translational Science
- Expired: September 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
At A2, our mission is to extend the reach of cell therapy to tackle the next frontier in cancer treatment: solid tumors. Our team is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of science to transform medicine and turn the tide on serious illness. Central to achieving this mission is our focus on recruiting the best talent and building an environment that enables our team to do the best work of their careers and make an impact on patients and society at large.
The Translational Science team is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with experience in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunology and/or assay development. This role will help to develop our patient sample analysis capabilities for our upcoming clinical trials. Tasks will involve, but not be limited to: DNA isolation, cell culture, T cell manipulation and characterization, and executing a variety of immuno- and cell-based assays. The successful candidate will join us at our research facility in Agoura Hills, CA and will work on cutting edge science in a dynamic, fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Execute a variety of molecular, immuno- and cell-based assays to support the development of our novel Tmod cell therapy platform to develop treatments for solid tumors.
* Author development and qualification reports characterizing assay performance.
* Assist in establishing in-house sample analysis capabilities, and technology transfer to contract research organizations for outsourced analyses.
* Work, under supervisors guidance, both independently and collaboratively to implement novel laboratory processes and solve technical problems.
* Masters degree OR
* Bachelors degree & 2+ years of scientific experience
* Experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
* Knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology (genomic DNA isolation, ddPCR or qPCR), immunoassays (ELISA) and cell-based (co-cultures, flow cytometry) assays is a plus.
* Degree in science including biology, immunology, biotechnology or a related discipline.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to thrive in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
* Highly detail oriented and able to multitask around various projects.
* Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and work independently.
* Self-motivated, innovative team player with willingness to take on different work assignments and deliver results.
At A2 we believe in investing in our team. Our benefits programs are just one of the many ways we strive to help our employees take care of themselves and their families. We offer a variety of programs, from comprehensive medical insurance to generous time off policies designed to help meet the needs of our diverse team.
* Competitive base salary and annual incentive opportunities
* Equity participation
* Comprehensive health and welfare benefits (including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and accident insurance)
* Wellness and recognition programs
* Paid time off and holidays
* Flexible work arrangements
* Environment where professional development is actively encouraged and supported.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
A2 is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ScienceView all jobs at A2 Biotherapeutics