Research Associate - Therapeutic and Translation Science
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At A2 Bio, our mission is to extend the reach of cell therapy to tackle the next frontier in cancer treatment: solid tumors. Our team is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of science to transform medicine and turn the tide on serious illness. Central to achieving this mission is our focus on recruiting the best talent and building an environment that enables our team to do the best work of their careers and make an impact on patients and society at large.
The Therapeutic & Translation Science Team is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunology and/or assay development. In this role you will focus on advancing innovative clinical candidates and platform development as part of a team. Tasks will involve, but not be limited to, molecular cloning, cell culture, T cell manipulation and characterization, and a variety of cell-based assays.
The successful candidate will work at our research facility in Agoura Hills, CA. You will join a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and will benefit from cutting-edge scientific training, career growth, and publishing opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with our scientists to design and perform immune-oncology related cell-based experiments using our novel Tmod cell therapy platform to develop treatments for solid tumors.
- Collaborate to select, profile and advance clinical candidates in a scientifically rigorous manner.
- Analyze the data and present the scientific results to the teams.
- Stay current on the state of the immunotherapy field.
- Work under supervisors guidance to drive implementation of novel laboratory processes and solve technical problems.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in science including biology, immunology, biotechnology, or a related discipline
- 1-2 years of lab experience (could have been obtained during studies)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology and cell-based assays.
- Experience in tissue culture, assay development, flow cytometry, molecular cloning, and protein expression/characterization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to thrive in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask around various projects.
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player who builds strong relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Scientifically nimble, agile and eager to learn
At A2 Bio, every member of staff plays a critical role in ensuring we deliver on our mission. We recognize that delivering great science means investing in and developing our team. Our benefits programs are just one of the many ways we strive to help our employees take care of themselves and their families. We offer a variety of programs to help meet the needs of our diverse team and will continue to build on our offerings as we grow.
- Competitive base salary and annual incentive opportunities
- Equity participation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, disability and accident coverage
- Health and wellness programs
- Paid time off and holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Environment where professional development is actively encouraged and supported.
A2 Bio is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A2 Bio requires all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, A2 will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
About A2 Bio
A2 Bio is a biotech company in Agoura Hills, California. Our goal is to produce a new kind of cell therapy to treat solid tumor cancers. A2 Bios scientists have invented the Tmod cell therapy platform to tackle the fundamental challenge in solid tumor treatmentthe ability of cancer medicines to distinguish between tumor and normal cells. The Tmod mechanism utilizes two receptors to exploit common, specific gene losses in tumors which demarcate the tumor from normal cells.
A2 Bio is strongly driven by our commitment to highest quality science, passion to revolutionize treatment for solid tumors, and urgency to bring cell therapies to cancer patients. The combination of talented, hard-working people with the robust Tmod platform has fueled the advancement of our pipeline and publications in peer-reviewed scientific papers in the cell therapy field.For more information, please visit www.a2bio.com
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ScienceView all jobs at A2 Biotherapeutics