Authorization Specialist ( Onsite / Contract role )
A.P.R., Inc. (AlphaProTemps) San Diego, CA
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
* This is not a remote position and must be able to work onsite *
START DATE: ASAP END DATE/CONTRACT LENGTH: 9/30/2021
LOCATION: Greenwich Location SHIFT: M-F 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.,
Scheduling on UCSD observed holidays will be at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Candidate will be expected to complete typical compliance for onsite workers for health care systems upon hire (including but not limited to providing updated TB, Flu Shot, physical, background check, drug screen, etc.) to meet UC San Diego Health HR and Joint Commission standards.
· The Authorization Specialist is an experienced revenue cycle professional responsible for financially securing scheduled and unscheduled hospital and professional services by verifying insurance eligibility and benefits coverage and by securing insurance pre-certification and/or authorization for inpatient and/or outpatient services.
· The Specialist communicates the status of coverage/benefits verification and authorization directly with patient and providers, and facilities rescheduling of services as appropriate. The Specialist provides and collects estimated patient liability amounts.
· 6 months Authorization experience
· Experience must include insurance eligibility and benefits coverage verification, obtaining pre-certification and/or authorization for medical services, and providing explanations and/or estimates of patient financial responsibility
Epic Experience REQUIRED
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 3-4 years of hospital and/or professional services pre-access in an academic or other complex multi-specialty setting.
· Thorough knowledge of third-party payors
· Bilingual English/Spanish
A.P.R., Inc. (AlphaProTemps)Why Work Here?
AlphaProTemps is specialized in providing "best-in-class" professional staff augmentation services. These recruiting directives include temporary labor, contract sourcing, professional & technical niches, vendor-on-site, and managed service programs.
AddressSan Diego, CA