Editor Internship (Gentlemen's Site)
A.N. Publishing New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Man Of The Hour is the quintessential reference for emerging generations of men. From business to politics, society to style, entertainment to relationships, the magazine takes a contemporary approach to life that appeals to a diverse readership.
By encompassing an infusion of traditional and modern perspectives with sophisticated well-balanced editorial content and insightful commentary,the magazine intrigues, identifies with and informs its audience by exemplifying the image of today's male—establishing both tradition and trend.Job Description
Note: Before reading further, this is a volunteer unpaid role that can also be used as a long-term (12-month commitment) internship if possible per agreement.
Are you the future Tom Chamberlin (The Rake), Molife Kumona, (GQ - South Africa), Michael Sebastian, (Esquire - America), and Toby Wiseman (Men's Health - UK)? Have you read the pages of magazines like GQ and Esquire and considered a career as an Editor? Well here is a chance to get in on the ground floor of a media publishing start-up.
- Acts as ranking site Editor under the direction of the Publisher.
- Assists in selecting and supervising the site contributors.
- Assists in disseminating assignments that are congruent with the site's target demographic.
- Works with contributors to develop AP Style articles from original ideas to completed articles.
- Reviewing, and approving content.
- Cross-check all citations and examine all the references.
- Conforms to deadlines and production requirements.
- Assists in creating and disseminating all staff-related information.
- Contributes regular content as needed.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communicating skills.
- Expert at AP Style writing format.
- Experience/ability to develop and content representing diverse millennial perspectives.
- Experience/ability developing content on a range of topics from economic, political and
cultural subject matters representing diverse perspectives.
- Effective judgment and decision making skill.
- Expert in managing time and completing the given task within the decided time frame.
- Expert knowledge about communication and mass media.
- Experience and ability to learn new online content media platforms.
- Previous editorial or content management experience and/or having managed/ran a relevant site of your own.
- Ability to manage a small team of writers.
Official Start Date: ASAP
Note: Metro New York, San Francisco, Miami, Los Angeles and Chicago residents strongly encouraged to apply, but location not required.
To learn more about Man of the Hour view the media kit (http://www.anpublishing.com/manofhehour) and to apply visit the page (http://www.anpublishing.com/mh-editor) and forward cover letter, resume stating experience and three published clips.
A. N. Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
AddressNew York, NY
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at A.N. Publishing