Machine Operator/ Blender
A.L. Schutzman Sun Prairie, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
- Responsible for implementing food safety, quality, and regulatory practices and procedures within their area of authority to meet regulatory requirements and food quality and safety standards.
· Change programs/parameters in chocolate tempering machines, depositors, enrobers and various machines related to processing and packaging food.
· Assemble pipes, pumps and kettle parts to be used for cooking/mixing candy recipes and other equipment related to the depositing, coating and forming of various candy products, often using common hand tools.
· Follow recipes to weigh ingredients, use equipment to mix and cook, and use instruments to measure temperature, viscosity and brix.
· Use PPE for various tasks related to cooking and operating equipment.
· Comply with good manufacturing practices and using standard operating procedures when processing, depositing, extruding and enrobing various candy products according to the production schedule to meet customer demand.
· Inspecting food materials prior to and during use to prevent introduction of foreign materials and prevent food safety risks and substandard quality products made or packaged in our facilities.
· Training new permanent and temporary employees.
o Training for safe practices in accordance with all company guidelines/policies related to personal safety, food safety, quality and efficiency.
o Giving direction to new permanent employees and temporary employees to perform tasks according to their supervisor’s direction.
§ Correct nonconforming performance to prevent immediate personal and food safety risks.
§ Alert supervisors or management of nonconforming behavior/activities that violate company guidelines/policies.
· Planning and prioritizing work activities for efficiency, quality and safe execution of the schedule production and all other assigned work.
· Promote an atmosphere that builds the team by continuously improving job skills and giving people positive feedback.
· Collaborate with internal, (and occasionally external), customers and vendors for effective completion of scheduled and unscheduled production. This includes but is not limited to other cooks/machine operators, management, maintenance personnel, supervisors, QA, Inventory control, temp agency representatives and warehouse/shipping personnel.
o Communicate with other team members in a professional and pleasant manner.
· Completing all required paperwork.
· Work all line worker positions as needed when not cooking or operating machines or when help is needed on the lines due to a lack of staffing or surges in production volume.
· Use rework as soon as possible and in accordance with company guidelines and policies.
· Enter all necessary production data into the computer system.
· Use electric pallet movers, hand operated pallet jacks, barrel moving equipment and forklifts. (After appropriate company training and certification)
· Ensure that all food containers are tagged correctly with Description, LOT, Item Number and quantity.
· Keep all utensils, containers and other food contact surfaces clean and sanitary.
· Preventing cross contamination between allergens and between food contact and non-food contact surfaces.
· Other duties as assigned by supervision and/or management, including but not limited to, cleaning, operating power equipment, taking inventory, various inspections and attending meetings and training events.
A.L. SchutzmanWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance
1500 Clarmar DrSun Prairie, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at A.L. Schutzman