A.J. Dwoskin & Associates, a Northern Virginia based investment and property management company, is seeking an experienced go-getter to join our sales team at the corporate office. The Commercial Leasing Agent will lease vacant spaces within a commercial portfolio comprised of over 1.4 million square feet of small-shop leasable space, which is about 450 commercial units.
In addition to maintaining high occupancy levels in the commercial shopping centers, with a focus on new tenant acquisition and retention strategies, duties for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to all inquiries on available retail space.
- Source, qualify, and execute new leases from prospective tenants for retail space. Perform cold calls and canvass as necessary.
- Conduct property tours with prospective tenants, answers questions regarding possible lease terms.
- Develop relationships with outside brokers to assist in the acquisition of desirable leaseholders. Show all prospects to EVP for further evaluation.
- Negotiate lease terms with new and renewing tenants.
- Coordinate with Lease Administration to ensure accurate and timely production of tenant letters of intent and obtain signoff of terms from EVP.
- Obtain final lease approvals working in conjunction with EVP - Retail.
- Communicate with construction and property management to ensure tenant space is delivered as required by approved lease. This may require upfront meetings with other departments.
- Obtain necessary tenant/financial information from prospects for complete evaluation by EVP and Owner.
- Network at industry and other events to broaden outreach to the broker/tenant community.
Qualifications: Minimal educational requirements are a Bachelor’s degree, combined with a minimum of ten years of retail leasing experience, preferably with small businesses in the Northern Virginia market. The role requires strong negotiation skills, independent thinking, excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven leadership abilities, and self-motivation. Ability to work with Microsoft Office and attention to detail are important. Candidate must have an active Real Estate license in Virginia, sales aptitude, and the ability to manage multiple deals simultaneously.
A.J. Dwoskin & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package and benefit program. This position also qualifies for an auto allowance.
*We have an in-house recruiter so no agencies please*
A.J. Dwoskin & ASSOCIATES, INC.A.J. Dwoskin & Associates Property Management in the Northern Virginia Area.