We are seeking a Commercial A/R Administrator to join our team! You will handle a variety of projects to support and improve the organization's .
This position is responsible for the day-to-day commercial lease administration and corporate accounts receivable functions. Responsible for accurately and timely billing lease charges including rents, fees, utilities, real estate taxes and common area costs. Monitor and reconcile eligible costs. Mail or e-mail tenant statements and correspondence. Post payments to tenant ledgers or general ledger accounts.
The job duties for this position may not be limited to only those outlined in this job posting management reserves the right to make modifications and changes to these duties at any time in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Read lease documents and enter lease terms into the Yardi system
- Process tenant move-ins, move-outs, security deposits receipts and refunds
- Post tenant charges and credits
- Research discrepancies for tenant accounts
- Review prepaid and delinquency report
- Work closely with collections manager regarding past due accounts, late payments and suit list
- Review and post cash deposits to appropriate accounts
- Ensure receivables are recorded in a timely manner
- Bill real estate tax and CAM estimates and reconciliation amounts
- Prepare tenant bill backs and rent increase letters
- Monitor renewals and options
- Maintain an organized accounting filing system
- Assist with period closeouts (monthly)
- Generate reports and ad hoc analysis for management
- Work with accounting staff in the annual budget preparation process
- Ensure tenants are being billed accurately, timely and efficiently in accordance with lease terms
- Communicate with tenants regarding billings and payments
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Experience with commercial real estate and/or property management industries, and advanced written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and to work with internal and external customers. Must be organized with a great attention to detail and verification of facts, proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat. Exceptional client service skills required. Must have the ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures, to maintain confidential records and information, and have a clear understanding of commercial lease terms. Experience performing tasks