Lead Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A.B. Veirs and Sons Paving is looking for a lead mechanic to perform diagnostics, repairs, and preventive maintenance on all types of diesel-powered paving equipment, heavy and light gas/diesel trucks, and some small equipment to maintain safe and productive operations. The mechanic primarily works independently, except during the winter months when they are responsible for managing shop helpers.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Ensure quality, compliance, licensing, and safety of our equipment and facility
- Troubleshoot and repair systems such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, fuel, air brakes, etc. in the shop and on the jobsite as needed
- Clean, lubricate, top off fluids, and perform preventive maintenance and safety inspections
- Maintain equipment repair records and vendor invoices
- Maintain paperwork, safety equipment, and tools in each vehicle
- Order parts and fluids, and efficiently manage inventory in a cost-effective manner
- Schedule outside vendors to repair equipment if unable to perform in-house
- Communicate repair schedule with field superintendent
- Plow snow as needed
- Occasionally operate equipment to keep the yard tidy and load trucks with materials
- Valid driver’s license – CDL preferred to drive tack truck occasionally
- Strong troubleshooting/diagnostic skills
- Light welding and fabrication skills preferred
- Read and interpret manuals and schematics
- Strong organization skills to maintain a tidy shop and yard
- Ability to perform physical tasks in hot/cold environments using your whole body such as climbing, lifting 50 pounds, balancing, and twisting.
- Be safety conscious, OSHA compliant, and wear PPE as necessary
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
About the Company
A.B. Veirs and Sons Paving has been family owned and operated since 1947. We are a paving company who takes pride in our work and our history. We take care of our employees and encourage professional improvement and growth of each individual. We offer competitive pay, COMPANY TRUCK, vacation and sick time, health/dental insurance, and a matching retirement account.
A.B. Veirs and Sons PavingWhy Work Here?
Great work environment and a long history of quality work!
A.B. Veirs and Sons Paving has been family owned and operated since 1947. We are a paving company who takes pride in our work and our history. We take care of our employees and encourage professional improvement and growth of each individual.
7411 Lindbergh DriveGaithersburg, MD