A well established Civil/Structural Engineering Firm located in North Palm Beach has an immediate opening for a Building Inspector. This full time position will include periodic inspections for new and structural rehabilitation projects in addition to assist in forensic investigations, project management, marine engineering, roof consulting, and window glazing replacement projects. This self motivated individual must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and assume responsibility for project execution and assigned time frames.
Essential Duties Include:
* Conduct Commercial/Residential inspection and analysis
* Inspect/Investigate damage due to catastrophes such as severe storm, hurricane, fire, and flood.
* Verify material quantities and accurate application
* Provide project coordination meeting participation and minutes
* Coordinate project start-up, provide status updates to P.E. and/or clients
* Participate in development and implementation of project specifications
* Provide timely in-progress inspection reports
* Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as, part of project management team.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of Autocad skill preferred
§ College Degree and Florida Building Inspection License Preferred
§ Building Inspection Experience Preferred (all applicants will be considered)
§ Competitive Salary (dependant of skills and experience)
Drug Free Workplace, an Equal Opportunity Employer