Senior Corporate Accountant
- Posted: over a month ago
A. Duda & Sons is seeking a full time exempt Senior Corporate Accountant who will be responsible to assist with the preparation and timely delivery of accurate financial information for A. Duda & Son, Inc. – and subsidiaries.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years in accounting and auditing required.
- Must have strong customer service and communication skills on phone, email and in person.
- Must have keen attention to detail, strong problem solving ability and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Timely and accurate review of journal entries and miscellaneous invoices to ensure proper posting. Support accounting staff through appropriate guidance for accounting entries based on items notated during normal journal entry review and/or through direct questions from accounting staff.
- Review select Real Estate Group and Commercial Property year-end financial packages. Review other divisional financial packages/accounts as requested by the Corporate Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller and /or the Corporate Controller. Assist with interim audit and year end closing, including preparation of benefit calculation journal entries, preparing back up information to support various account balances and completing audit requests as assigned. Prepare year end consolidated reporting books and assist with Shareholder Supplement preparation.
- Complete assigned monthly accrual/reclass entries. Assist in the preparation and submission of the monthly Corporate satellite package and forecasts. Prepare abandoned property reports (multi-state). Assist in the preparation of the monthly cash flow statements including review of cash flow entries for posting, research of transactions for proper reporting and responding to inquiries of the final reviewer.
- Backup the Corporate Accountant, DAX Accountant and Corporate Accounting Manager so work will not stagnate when these employees are out of office.
- Assist with the planning/budgeting process. Prepare corporate service charges and allocations, imputed land rent and interest allocation schedules to be submitted for review to the Assistant Controller for approval by the Senior Management Team.
- Other special projects as assigned by the Corporate Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, and/or Corporate Controller.
A. Duda and Sons, Inc. a privately owned family company, recognized as #4 on Orlando Business Journal's Top 100 Privately held companies list in Central Florida has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Cost Accountant located at our Belle Glade location. Starting out as a humble celery farm in 1926, DUDA’s business operations today include Duda Farm Fresh Foods, one of the world’s leading producers and suppliers of celery and other quality fresh and fresh-cut vegetables and citrus; The Viera Company, a highly regarded community developer with fully-integrated real estate operations including Viera Builders, a residential home builder; as well as Duda Ranches, manager of DUDA’s agricultural operations including sod, sugarcane, citrus and cattle.
We offer excellent benefits as part of our total compensation including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care, company bonus, and group term life insurance.
No agencies please.
Duda is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
A. Duda & Sons Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at A. Duda & Sons Inc.