Located in Woburn, MA the Sr. Tax Analyst, which reports directly to the Sr. Manager- Tax Reporting and Compliance, is an integral part of the tax department that is responsible for the preparation of US federal and state income tax returns workpaper and tax provision, as well as on sales/use tax matters. In addition, this person will be involved with M&A in the domestic context and domestic tax planning initiatives.
- Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Prepare workpaper for US federal and state income tax compliance, including state apportionment data
- Work closely with Sr. Manager and outside service provider to ensure the timely and accurate filing of income tax returns, including estimated tax payments and extension payments
- Assist with non-income tax and FAS5 reserve calculation when necessary
- Assist with tax incentives (R&D and FDII) support process so as to ensure that documentation is available that is auditable to accounting records
- Assist with income tax audits in order to minimize potential additional tax expense
- Tax Planning
- Assist with domestic income tax planning
- Assist with M&A due diligence and deal structuring for certain domestic acquisitions or for certain domestic aspects of global acquisitions
- Leading and Managing People
- Mentor tax interns
Successful candidates for this role will possess:
- BA/BS in Business/Accounting/Finance
- CPA and/or MS Taxation strongly preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of federal and state corporate tax law & state sales/use tax law.
- General understanding of ASC 740, FAS5, FIN48 Uncertain Tax Positions
- General understanding of GAAP accounting
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion is a plus.
- 5+years of proven and progressive tax compliance and provision experience in public accounting / corporate tax department with multinational organization.
- Detail oriented, strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop auditable and logical spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.