Hilton's Restaurant Supply is located in Lafayette, LA and is one of the most respected and longest-standing kitchen supply companies in Louisiana. Since our founding in 1939, we have earned a reputation for reliability, personalized service, and providing an extensive inventory of commercial kitchen equipment, parts, and supplies.
Hilton’s Restaurant Supply is expanding operations to include a service company that specializes in food service equipment and refrigeration. We are looking for a Commercial HVAC-R Service Manager to help open and lead our new service department. The HVAC/R Service Manager will lead a team of service technicians who repair and maintain restaurant equipment including coolers, freezers, ice machines, ranges, fryers and other types of cooking equipment as well as A/C units, etc. across Louisiana.
The ideal candidate will have extensive commercial HVAC-R experience, is a strong leader with the desire to grow the service department to meet customer needs and company goals.
· Responsible for the hands-on supervision and performance management of service technicians.
· Provide training and development to service technicians to ensure they are equipped with necessary up-to-date skills required to perform the essential functions of their position.
· Interview, select, train and develop direct reports according to Hilton’s Restaurant Supply standards.
· Create and manage schedules to meet service demands and customers’ expectations.
· Dispatch technicians to service calls while ensuring scope of work and time requirements are well communicated.
· Hands-on work includes trouble shooting, performing service work, managing on-site installation, maintenance and repairs and being a technical point of contact to service technicians.
· Book, plan, schedule & create work orders for preventive maintenance, repairs, start-up, warranty, and modernization.
· Manage the procurement of parts for scheduled maintenance, repairs and emergency service calls.
· Tracks and reports project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used.
· Develops and manages budgets and goals to insure departmental profitability.
· Manage maintenance agreements to optimize profits, verify obligations are met, ensuring customer satisfaction and retention.
· Proactively monitor, pursue and sell services and repair opportunities in an effort to ensure revenue goals are met.
· Collaborate with cross-functional team members to expand existing and acquire new business and markets.
Education, License & Certifications
· Bachelors, Associates or technical degree preferred
· Post-high school HCAC/R Program
· EPA certification (EPA 608 CFC Certification)
Knowledge & Requirements:
· Commercial HVAC/R: 5 years (Preferred)
· HVAC/R Service Manager: 2 years (Preferred)
· Commercial cooking and kitchen equipment install, repair and testing (fryers, ranges griddles etc.).
· Candidate must have advanced diagnostic and repair skills in the area of Commercial HVAC, Refrigeration, and Commercial Cooking Equipment.
· Plumbing and Electrical experience.
· Ability to lift heavy object (50lbs) and climb ladders.
· Attention to detail and ability to adjust in an ever-changing environment.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.
· Ability to build and grow a new department.
· Entrepreneurial spirit.
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation package with incentive program.
· Health Insurance
· Paid Holidays and Sick Leave
· 401k (Company Match)
· Company Work Shirts
*Candidate must have a clean driving record, pass a Drug Test and Background Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.