SIGN-ON BONUS! Company is offering a generous sign-on bonus that is commensurate with years of experience.
RELOCATION PACKAGE! Company position is in central Florida
A long-standing and well-established surveying civil engineering firm is seeking immediately a Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Florida. A Bachelor degree is a plus but not required. Candidate should have strong experience and knowledge of the ALTA/NSPS Survey requirements, design surveys for roadways and vertical construction, including reading and interpreting Right of Way Maps, construction layout, including reading and interpreting construction plans, reading, interpreting and preparing legal descriptions and able to prepare calculations for stakeout. The candidate must also have a strong background with the preparation of subdivision and condominium plats. Candidate also needs to be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D (2016 or higher), GPS, Point Clouds, other surveying software and typical Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge and experience with LiDAR and UAS/drone technologies and Infrared applications is a significant plus, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and offer viable solutions
· Effective communication with all team members to ensure high team focus on project goals and schedules.
· Ability to establish and maintain a positive and motivational relationship with all team members.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at one time, with strong team leadership abilities.
· Assist in managing, directing, and supervising the field survey crews, and drafting personnel.
· Assist with the research, organizing and supervision of the daily jobs.
· Review time sheets of assigned staff on a daily basis for your assigned projects. Coordinate and assist with project estimates as requested.
· Assists in the training and instructions of survey field crews.
· Sustained research of new equipment and technology, assess feasibility of adoption and implement or delegate training.
· Perform quality control and assessment of all levels of survey activities. Review survey deliverables and ensure compliance with contracts, standards and laws.
· Knowledge of the Standards of Practice as per the Florida Administrative Code and other regulations that apply to survey and mapping.
Full-Time Benefits Package:
Employees and their families are at the heart of the Company’s benefits package. Health and financial wellness needs are supported, as well as the promotion of a positive work-life balance, through benefits and paid time off.
- Competitive compensation: An avenue through which The Company reflects its commitment to the welfare of its employees is by offering competitive earnings. Rewarding employees with competitive compensation for all positions and skill levels is essential to The Company.
- Bonus program: Discretionary bonuses are a form of appreciation expressed by The Company for an employee’s performance. Dedicated employees strengthen the company.
- Vacation, sick, and holiday time off: Work-life balance is encouraged. Time off for vacation, illnesses, and holidays is issued to support family, personal interests, and social or leisure activities.
- Medical: The Company understands the value of health care coverage. To meet the needs of employees and their families, several coverage options are available. The Company pays a significant portion of the premiums for all covered individuals.
- 401(k): The Company recognizes the importance of preparing for the future. Committed to financial preparedness, The Company’s 401(k) plan offers pre-tax contributions and post-tax Roth contributions deferred through payroll deduction. The Company provides a percent of earnings that are 100% vested, and in addition, provides discretionary profit sharing and matching contributions into employees’ retirement plans.
- Cell phone package: The Company subsidizes the cost of a cell phone and pays for specified accessories associated with the phone. Employees joining the business’ cell phone plan also experience savings by eliminating the expense of a personal line.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): Utilize tax-free dollars on out-of-pocket costs for qualified health, dental, vision, prescription, or dependent care expenses. Experience the convenience of a debit card to pay for expenses.
- Vision: Receive valuable eye care for a full range of services and products through a national leader of vision benefits. A nationwide network provides convenience in locating a provider near your home, workplace, or when traveling.
- Life/AD&D: An important provision for every family, life insurance offers coverage levels for self, spouse, and children. Accidental death and dismemberment is included automatically with elected life insurance coverage.
- Long-term disability: Collect income protection benefits if you are disabled long-term. Deductions are withheld on a post-tax basis, allowing the income replacement payments to be issued tax-free, giving you the maximum benefit when you need it most.
- Education assistance: The Company believes in the worth of knowledge. Employees pursuing an education in their field of work are offered tuition assistance.
About the Company:
The Company was incorporated in the late 1980s as a full-service engineering firm specializing in civil engineering, land surveying, land planning and environmental services. We serve a wide range of clients, including national, regional and local residential and commercial builders and land developers, general contractors, landowners, municipalities, architects, and educational institutions throughout Florida.
The Company believes work environment, culture and the opportunity to learn and grow are key elements when considering a new position. Our atmosphere facilitates a self-managed and empowered workforce. Staffed, sized and resourced for efficiency and growth, Hamilton also promotes an entrepreneurial spirit free of heavy-handed corporate bureaucracy.
THE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER