- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: The Fundraising Manager is responsible for building and growing A Wider Circle’s supporter base with an emphasis on individual major donors (1K+ annually) and corporate supporters. The Fundraising Manager will structure and solicit major gifts and sponsorships through a diversified outreach strategy which will include identification, relationship building, solicitation, and stewardship in an overall effort to connect ever more partners to the mission, values, and priorities of A Wider Circle in concert with each organization’s community engagement goals. This position will report to the Chief Development Officer and is based in Silver Spring, MD, with the opportunity to work a hybrid remote/in-person schedule after the first 90 days (up to 40% remote).
COVID specific information: We are taking several safety precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including enforcing social distancing and mask-wearing, and allowing only one person to occupy an office at one time. Further, for the safety of our team and all of those in the community with whom we interact, we have mandated vaccinations for all of our staff members — both full- and part-time. Applicants interested in positions A Wider Circle will be asked to verify vaccination or be prepared to be vaccinated before an offer of employment is made.
The Fundraising Manager will be expected to undertake the following responsibilities and duties:
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to develop, set, and monitor organizational fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with the Development and Communications teams on all fundraising appeal and campaign processes and administrative implementation (including all print and digital channels).
- Serve as a critical member of the Development Team responsible for contributing to an annual goal from institutional giving by actively building and managing a high-value portfolio of corporate and individual major donors and prospects with capacity to engage in a meaningful way.
- Manage the identification, research, and moves management of a pipeline of sponsor prospects and donors.
- Develop short- and long-term cultivation strategies for prospects and donors through the giving cycle via in-person meetings, events, and written communications.
- Develop and manage stewardship plans for major corporate sponsors.
- Work with communications staff to ensure related external communications materials are within organizational brand standards.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer and the Director of Grants and Contracts to create proposals, materials, and other donor-centric correspondence in order to drive all prospect-based engagement within the corporate donor portfolio.
- Support the Volunteer Team in engaging donors as volunteers, including but not limited to participating in volunteer shifts, representing A Wider Circle at outreach events, and in conducting follow up.
- Serve as team lead for fundraising events, including but not limited to logistics, sponsorship, advertising, and programming.
- Within a donor-centric atmosphere, move prospects strategically towards solicitation and stewardship.
- Collaborate with the development team to create coordinated cross-channel communications and cultivation strategies, working towards overall team goals.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records within the donor database.
- Additional giving projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A demonstrated ability to successfully engage and manage prospective and current donors resulting in increased giving.
- A donor-centric approach to fundraising; the ability to understand the interests of corporate prospects and donors and how to connect them to A Wider Circle’s priorities while developing deep and long-lasting relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface effectively both externally and internally through superior interpersonal skills.
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment as well as possess the self-motivation necessary to work independently.
- Passion and interest in the mission of A Wider Circle and dedication to promoting organizational priorities.
- Knowledge of CRMs a plus
- High School Diploma or Associate's
- 3+ years related development and fundraising experience, with proven record of success in campaigns, corporate, and individual giving
- Experience with successful event planning and event execution
- Effective project management skills with ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Exceptional written, spoken, virtual, and interpersonal communication skills with donors, key stakeholders, leadership and colleagues
- Ability to work with volunteers in a professional and collaborative manner
- Familiarity with Google Organization & Productivity Tools (Gmail, Google Docs, Calendar)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with philanthropic communities and interests in the greater Washington, DC region
- Experience working with database and donor management software (we use Little Green Light)
Additional eligibility requirements:
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Fundraising Manager will work in an office space setting.
Prolonged periods of sitting and talking on the phone.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factor. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A Wider Circle
9159 Brookville RdSilver Spring, MD
Get fresh Digital Fundraising jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.