Chief Program Officer
A Wider Circle Silver Spring, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $110,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical,
Salary Range $110-130K Annually
A Wider Circle’s mission is to end poverty through program realms including essential support, workforce development, and neighborhood partnerships, as well as via outreach efforts. The role of the Chief Program Officer (CPO) is to oversee A Wider Circle’s client programming including the furniture/essential support, professional clothing, workforce development, neighborhood partnerships, and long-term family support initiatives. The aim will be to improve and better connect the existing programming and services thereby allowing those served to receive more holistic support. Other duties and responsibilities include oversight of staff involved in each program, coordination of cross-program strategy, and ensuring data, research, monitoring, and evaluation are integral parts of each program with an emphasis on outcomes rather than outputs.
The successful candidate should have significant experience in non-profit program design, implementation, oversight, review, and evaluation. In addition to having strong, extensive social service client-facing experience, the successful candidate will also have the ability to develop systems and processes in line with the new strategy and leadership of the organization and spearhead special program initiatives that may arise.
The Chief Program Officer would work fully in-person primarily in the Silver Spring MD headquarters with regular site visits to the program office in Washington DC. A Wider Circle is taking several safety precautions at all locations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including enforcing social distancing and mask-wearing. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
- Develop, implement and manage effective internal operational systems for all programs.
- Foster a team-oriented, supportive, accountable work environment.
- Ensure effective implementation and evaluation of current and new programs and initiatives.
- Serve as a resource for communication channels about program progress and successes such as in presentations, proposals, and meetings.
- Ensure successful adoption and implementation of Apricot database across all program teams.
- Lead meetings of all program professionals specifically highlighting more integrated services and supports.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to evaluate all programs success.
- Support development of a data and evaluation culture to understand success, challenges, opportunities, and trends.
- Develop an overall strategic plan for the program vertical in line with the overall organizational priorities.
- Provide hands-on supervision and coaching for staff.
- Analyze internal reports to evaluate program effectiveness using an outcomes-based approach and ensure the ability to anticipate and effectively respond to changing client needs.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership team and as a spokesperson and bridge-builder within and beyond the organization.
- Work with external partners to solve local issues through collaborative programming.
- Represent A Wider Circle at local events, community gatherings, or workshops and trainings.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to manage and balance multiple projects.
- Strategic thinker and leader with track record of achieving organizational objectives.
- Able to make decisions or intervene in difficult or complex situations and resolve problems as they arise.
- Demonstrated commitment to an interdisciplinary, collaborative team approach to work.
- Passion for supporting the organization’s mission and for maintaining programmatic excellence.
- Demonstrated energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to the issue of poverty eradication and to opportunity building for those being served.
- Skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to the mission and to develop a performance culture among a group of diverse individuals.
Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in public administration, education, social work or related field.
- A minimum of five years of leadership experience in a non-profit, overseeing multiple programs or contracts, ideally at an organization serving low-income individuals or communities.
- At least 10 years of experience working directly with community based organizations.
- Demonstrated cultural competence as it relates to community-based work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with research, monitoring, and evaluation methods.
- Experience with Apricot highly preferred.
- Experience working with individuals and families living in poverty.
- Ability to speak Spanish or French is a plus, but not required.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A Wider CircleWhy Work Here?
Be a part of the movement to end poverty. Twenty (20) days of PTO, Medical benefits.
The mission of A Wider Circle is simple: to end poverty for one individual and one family after another. We work in partnership with those we serve and with those seeking to help to ensure that every child and adult has the chance to succeed and the opportunity to live well.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView all jobs at A Wider Circle