Fantastic opportunity! Established commercial insurance agency is seeking an "Underwriting Assistant" and will provide industry training for the right candidate. This is an outstanding career opportunity to work for a growing, dynamic company that provides a friendly work environment and career advancement. And in beautiful downtown offices with parking provided!
JOB DUTIES include:
Job responsibilities will include extensive customer contact, assist in generating a variety of correspondence, reviewing and issuing policies, ordering and follow-up on inspections, issuing endorsements, data entry, reviewing and analyzation of risk data, and additional administrative related duties.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics
- Previous insurance experience a PLUS!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, type 35wpm and strong mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal & written
- Solid understanding of business writing and ability to compose professional correspondence
- Ability to follow procedures and complete tasks in a thorough and timely manner
- Willingness and ability to work on a team, as well as work independently
- Verifiable professional references from recent work history
- Must be able to pass Background check and Drug screen requirements
Full-time position by way of 'Temp-to-hire' status (3 month probation period prior to FT hire) paying $40,000.00, offering generous benefits upon Full-time hire.
Office located in a downtown high rise building with views of Petco Park. Parking provided onsite and paid for by company.