Established San Diego based insurance company has multiple openings for "Customer Service Rep / Underwriting Support" in their Property/Homeowner division. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a growing, dynamic company that provides a friendly environment and career advancement!
** Insurance experience preferred, yet industry training available for the right candidate **
JOB DUTIES include:
- Serve as the first line of contact in addressing questions and concerns from customers via phone and email correspondence - service approximately 70 calls per day
- Process new business underwriting, endorsements, and/or renewals
- Interpret individual program guidelines regarding acceptability, rating and procedures
- Review inspections and determine overall acceptability of each insured
- Data entry of policy changes
- Identify rating and data errors, as well as trends regarding acceptability
- Minimum 2 years office experience required, including strong customer service focus (call center experience highly preferred)
- Previous experience in Insurance field preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills - verbal & written
- Proficiency with MSWord & Excel, type min 40wpm, and possess strong mathematical skills
- Must possess High School diploma (or equivalency), Bachelor's degree a plus
- Spanish-bilingual fluency a plus!
- Verifiable references required from recent work history
- Must be able to successfully pass drug screen and background check requirements
- NOTE: P&C license not required
This is a Full-time, Temp-to-Hire positions (temporary/probationary period is 2-3 months) paying $18.00-$19.00 per hour DOE, or up to $22.00 with previous Insurance experience. Outstanding benefits package upon hire!
SHIFT & LOCATION:
Full-time schedule Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Office located in Carlsbad.