Chief Growth Officer
A Square Group Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description Chief Growth Officer Overview
The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for accelerating and ensuring smart measurable growth within the Federal Health IT, Defense and DHS space. The ideal candidate is a senior professional with experience in Marketing, Sales, Innovation, Research & Development, and Business Development with a proven record of generating Return on Investment through growth in these disciplines. Success in this role requires effective leadership and collaboration skills, a strong understanding of the market, and the drive and experience to help lead an organization through a period of growth. The Chief Growth Officer will be responsible for building, leading, and managing the BD infrastructure (BD, Proposals, Capture, Contract, Talent Management) requiring a strong commitment to working in a team environment, adaptability, sound organization skills, and the ability to manage client relationships Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to create and execute a strategic plan are key to achieve the organization’s vision and strategic direction.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Formulate long-term Corporate Growth Strategy in collaboration with executive leadership.
· Lead the maturation and execution of the Corporate Growth Strategy through Business Development, Innovation, Research and Development, and sales to Federal Health IT Agencies with emphasis on HHS and DoD.
· Build, develop, and manage a Business Development team capable of realizing new business bookings and leveraging IDIQs.
· Oversee capture, competitive analysis, teaming, partnership arrangements, pricing formulation (price to win), bids and proposals and contracting.
· Direct and coordinate new Business Growth with hands-on engagement throughout all business development life cycle milestones.
· Develop and maintain pipeline of opportunities, new customers, and projects in accounts through direct or indirect customer contact.
· Communicate the value proposition through technology centric presentations and proposals at industry events, conferences, and pre-sales events.
· Develop and oversee Talent Acquisition Strategy focused on creating efficient recruitment and retention processes.
· Manage Contracts Department to ensure all proposals and contracts are compliant with applicable requirements; contract terms and conditions are written and reviewed in timely manner; contract status is prepared and reported to project teams, accounting staff and management; contractual obligations are reviewed; risks and problems are identified, and solutions proposed.
· Develop, implement, and oversee Brand Management Strategy that aligns with Corporate Vision/Mission of providing Health IT solutions that resonate with current and potential customers.
· Lead Corporate Communications team; develop and implement internal and external communication strategies to ensure that unified, consistent, and positive messages define and promote our corporate identity and mission.
· Implement and develop Partnership Management Strategy by forming commercial and strategic relationships that align with strategic goals and growth strategy.
· Manage outward Client facing relationships and grow client portfolio. • Deliver outstanding customer experience with results-oriented approach. Requirements
· Technology awareness and technical solutions savvy. Conversant, credible, and persuasive with history of developing and executing growth strategy within technology-centric Federal Health IT agencies.
· Possesses and maintain diverse and expansive network that will generate new business and growth opportunities.
· Exposure to latest application development and/or infrastructure support technologies with understanding of various technologies and tools. • Prior successful experience capturing projects and programs within HHS, DoD, and other Federal agencies; will actively lead capture opportunities.
· Demonstrated ability to leverage customer relationships and personal experience to identify and assess potential Health IT business opportunities that result in revenue growth.
· Highly developed analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and understanding of GWACs, BOAs, SBIRs, Growth Operations (data, metrics, budget, compliance), and finances (P&L).
· Working knowledge of solutions such as Agile, DevOps, etc.
· Develop and lead Research and Development strategy that can drive market requirements over the next five years.
· Possess strong understanding of Federal government contracts requirements (Federal Acquisition Regulations, legal compliance) to successfully manage Contracts department.
· Key Attributes The CGO will build and execute our Corporate Growth Strategy through thought- leadership and brand awareness. Beyond these specific experiences and qualifications, we also expect the candidate to possess the following attributes:
· Industry Subject Matter Expertise: Healthcare is a complex and ever-evolving landscape. Must have experience engaging with and marketing to both clinical and non-clinical healthcare executives. Highly disciplined and willing to learn both our legacy and current IT solutions.
· Leadership & Teamwork: Expects excellence from others and tolerates no less. Inspires people to accomplish the extraordinary through guidance, team engagement, and leadership, not micro-management. Motivates others to achieve beyond expectations. Commitment to successful cross-team collaboration.
· Action-Oriented: An entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves marketer who knows how to work effectively within a small, rapidly growing organization.
· Sense of Urgency: Love winning and working at speed. The ability to make effective decisions with limited time and information. Determines decision-making criteria based on priorities.
· Intellect & Ability: Have the brains and confidence to be accepted as a peer of the management team. Have a track record of setting industry standards and benchmarks. Do not accept “no.” Proven ability to drive new strategies.
· Creativity & Utility: Capable of identifying gaps and deficiencies and applying outside-the-box thinking to generate solutions. Routinely seeks data and insights to find new and better ways to succeed. At times, this role will need to support key functions of growth and client success and may require team members to play an active role outside their normal scope and responsibilities.
· Agility & Efficiency: Proven track record of decisively iterating and dropping initiatives if they do not deliver expected results. An exceptional work ethic. A driver who uses time productively maximizes efficiency to meet challenging work goals. Minimum Qualifications
· Education: Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree or JD preferred
· Background: 15+ years working in Federal government contracting and Health IT Strategy, Business Development, P&L Management, Capture, and Pricing formulation that drive top-line growth. • Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal); ability to effectively articulate our mission and offerings in a clear and compelling manner.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); willingness to learn customized software and databases solutions.
· Able to obtain and maintain DoD Top Secret Clearance preferred
A Square GroupWhy Work Here?
Awesome Team, great benefits, annual bonus.