Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing & Metal
We are hiring a Mechanical Engineer who is highly motivated, creative and can regularly build or invent quality work product. Top candidates need great verbal and written communication skills to effectively explain their work to internal clients and to provide clear written directions on how to use their machines and equipment. Self-starter with project management abilities is preferred to ensure completion of projects on time while developing and following schedules with strict deadlines. Inventory management of parts a plus.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new and existing processes.
- Develop testing processes and perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Generate working prototypes for beta testing of new installations.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work.
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors.
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
- Ensure and maintain project timelines and project stays within budget.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience working in engineering.
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Experience with MS Project and all MS business software.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Electrical engineering background also preferred.
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and will tight schedules.
A Society is a next-generation consulting company within the consultant market that provides consultants, at the top of their game, access to the most attractive assignments within IT, Technology, R&D and Management. A Society is the consulting company of tomorrow, providing consultants and partners in the consultant market access to the most attractive assignments in the marketplace. The workforce of tomorrow values freedom, while also appreciating basic job security as well as a strong sense of community and connection to a network. We want to maximize the advantages of the consultant market for consultants and clients alike. We are passionate about our vision and maximize every individual's capability to perform. Every relationship is unique and has to be treated as such in order to keep the passion alive.
A Society Group, Inc.Winston-Salem, NC
ManufacturingView All A Society Group, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.