A-Side Public House Saint Paul, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A-Side Public House is a soon-to-open brewpub, kitchen, and coffee bar in the thriving West Seventh neighborhood of St. Paul. A rehabilitated former fire station, A-Side in a unique and inviting space designed to make a positive impact on the community.
A-Side Public House is looking for a Chef Manager to help us introduce this new concept to the Twin Cities. The Chef Manager will be a part of our management team with great influence on the future of the kitchen and the growth of the business. We’re seeking someone who prides themselves on providing an elevated yet approachable experience for all guests. We’re seeking who strives to be masterful in their craft. This person will have a positive attitude and proactive spirit. The ideal candidate is someone who isn’t afraid to provide ideas to enhance and improve both operations and the guest experience.
The Chef Manager is responsible for making inclusive hiring decisions and is able to communicate with a diverse team. Success comes in the form of favorable reviews from fellow team members, peers, and guests. In this highly visible role, you will be expected to contribute to the improvement of our operations while hiring and empowering an inclusive team.
- Efficiently plan and develop menus for A-Side Public House in collaboration with leadership while considering factors such as product availability, food and labor costs, menu concepts, marketability, and business volume
- Schedule and coordinate the work of cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals
- Should be able to provide direction as well as actively perform all day-to-day operations of the kitchen
- Develop and test new recipes and record by using recipe cards in a recipe book and/or provided kitchen software
- Ensure the implementation of the correct food production schedule for each department and maximize effectiveness and efficiency for each employee’s working schedule
- Identify service and execution issues and take appropriate action to correct them
- Identify staff development needs and create an action plan to accomplish
- Control labor and operating expenses that align with set goals and budgets
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times and comply with RPH, local, state, and federal regulations
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, coach, motivate, and discipline all employees in the department
- Provide a welcoming and respectful work environment, lead by example, and uphold high standards in good conduct
- Should have current and prior positive relationships with food providers and leaders in the local Food & Beverage sector
- College degree preferred not required, preferably in culinary arts or restaurant management,
- 3-5 years previous experience as Chef Manager or Kitchen Manager position
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and attentive to email correspondence
- Experience with independent start-up restaurants would be ideal but not required
- ServSafe certified, or equivalent
- A understanding and the ability to preform basic equipment maintenance and preventative care.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Continuous standing and walking for a minimum of 4-5 hours at a time
- Navigating wet floors and/or steps
- Work in extreme temperatures such as freezers (-10 degrees F), kitchens (+110 degrees F), and various outdoor conditions for one hour or more
- Ability to handle knives and perform cutting skills on work surfaces of various heights
What You Can Expect From A-Side
- A competitive salary with opportunities that would enhance your compensation
- Health, medical, dental, vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Food and dining discounts
A-Side Public HouseWhy Work Here?
Join us in our exciting startup concept housed in a unique setting that will bring people together for well-crafted food, beer and coffee.
A-Side Public House is a soon-to-open brewpub, craft kitchen, and coffee bar in the thriving West Seventh neighborhood of St. Paul. A rehabilitated former fire station, A-Side in a unique and inviting space designed to make a positive impact on the community.
754 Randolph Ave Saint Paul MN 55102Saint Paul, MN
FoodView all jobs at A-Side Public House