Executive Vice President of Fiscal
A Second Chance, Inc. Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Vice President of Fiscal and Business Technology Services (BTS)
The Executive Vice President of Fiscal and Business Technology Services provides leadership and direction the Fiscal and Business Technology Services departments. This position will provide the vision, leadership and direction necessary to direct the fiscal functions of the agency in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and cost reimbursement principles relating to foster care industry and in keeping with the goals and objectives of the organization. This position will also ensure that the agency has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively ensure client safety and well-being, as well as grow the organization to ensure operation efficiency.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred with at least 10 years experience in business. Must have a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others, organize and manage multiple priorities, conduct problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are needed. Must be a proactive thinker and effectively plan, execute and follow-up. Must have strong oral and written communication skills, effectively communicating on all levels.
Responsible for the management and vision necessary to ensure the agency has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure operation efficiency.
- Day-to-day leadership that mirrors the mission and values of the agency.
- Develop, communicate and implement effective change/growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports that will assist the President/CEO, Board and other leaders in managing their responsibilities.
- Have a key role in the creation and review of timely annual budgets and Title IVE document completion and submission.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective problem. solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor to people in financial issues.
- Foster a success-oriented, client-focused and accountable working environment.
- Determine measurements and effectiveness of all internal processes.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete reports on the operating condition.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing and development of the organizations fiscal function.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the agency.
- Optimize bank relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop and implement new organizational structure and programs.
- Oversee building leases provisions, administration of telephone and voice mail systems.
- Participate fully in all appropriate agency meetings related to the EVP role.
- This position is expected to be included in the agency after-hours on-call rotation process.
- Responsible for creating dynamic technology department by providing recommendations to lead the agency forward while fulfilling the goals and mission.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Act 33 and Police Clearances and FBI Fingerprint Record Check
- Registered vehicle and valid Certificate of Insurance for vehicle
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends
- Some local, regional and national travel required
- Position serves on-call on a rotating basis
- Must carry an agency-issued cell phone
Reports To: President and CEO
A Second Chance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious; national origin or ancestry; sex; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation disability; marital status; familial status; age (40 or over); or use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical disability of any individual or independent contractor or because of the disability of an individual with whom the person is known to have an association; or on any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law
A Second Chance, Inc.Why Work Here?
Are you passionate about shaping the future of children's lives and have a desire to work in the child welfare industry?
A Second Chance, Inc. (ASCI), is a nonprofit corporation established in 1994. Its mission is to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment to children in the care of relatives or close family friends—formally called kinship care. ASCI is the largest provider of kinship support services to all of Allegheny County, Pa., where it is also headquartered. ASCI also has contracts in Westmoreland, Fayette, Mercer and Washington counties and a large office in Philadelphia County—where it provides a full range of services to families, youth and children in cooperation with the Department of Human Services (DHS), which considers ASCI the provider of choice for kinship-related services—serving three additional contiguous counties.
8350 Frankstown AvePittsburgh, PA
BusinessView all jobs at A Second Chance, Inc.