- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 to $35 Hourly
A.S. Aerospace Inc. manufactures high strength specialty fasteners, including nuts, bolts, screws, studs, and pins. Our products are of the highest quality and very close tolerances. Our products support the US Government and the most demanding customers in the aviation industry.
We have positions open on both the day and evening . Join one of the fastest-growing aerospace companies in the Santa Clarita Valley!
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and a monthly bonus.
Department/ Area: SHOP
Position Summary: The Senior Maintenance Mechanic directs strategy for the maintenance effort in support of the plant’s strategic and production plans. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for improving asset utilization, uptime, and production throughput by implementing proven professional maintenance and reliability improvement processes. Develops and maintains preventive/predictive maintenance programs.
• A safe work environment.
• Effective asset management in a cost-effective manner including proper equipment operations and world-class equipment availability.
• Long term viability of existing equipment.
• Leading a technically capable maintenance workforce.
• Support operating results through the management of subordinates with emphasis on quantity, quality, timeliness, safety, recovery, and delivery performance.
• Ensure work is allocated fairly and clearly assigned to the crew members; formulate and assign tasks within guidelines established by Department management.
• Identify opportunities for problem-solving teams targeting waste elimination.
• Apply the principles of lean manufacturing to enhance business results.
• This position must frequently seek cooperation from, persuade or influence others, and must develop relationships and persuade others to resolve problems, change people's minds, or directly produce customer satisfaction.
• Leading individual safety discussions and job-specific safety reviews.
• Leading the maintenance forces in rapidly responding to breakdown situations.
• Developing individuals in the organization by providing challenging assignments for the craftspeople and by providing training, coaching, and mentoring for the people.
• Recognizing and rewarding people in their organizations for working as a team to meet the Maintenance and Production department objectives.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director of Manufacturing
Success Factors: Develop a maintenance philosophy and implement a maintenance strategic plan to ensure cost-effective asset management, long term viability of equipment, long term improvement of the maintenance organization.
Position Requirements: Requires full work time only. - Monday to Friday - overtime expected depending on production needs. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
A.S. Aerospace Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A.S. Aerospace Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirement of Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9.
A.S. Aerospace Inc. 21095 Centre Pointe Pkwy, Santa Clarita, CA 91350
A S Aerospace
AddressSanta Clarita, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?