Director or Senior Manager, Off-line Media
APFM is the industry leader in senior living and long-term care referral services in the US; we are a growing company seeking candidates who will help us become an even greater driving force in the field. The Director of Off-line Media is an integral part of the Brand Marketing and Off-line Advertising Team supporting the organization by delivering national brand advertising programs that inform, educate and drive profitable customer acquisition growth while helping caregivers activate their care search through A Place for Mom’s Advisor led service. We are a fast growing, for profit business with aspirations to accelerate growth 20 – 30% annually while helping families find the right senior living and care solutions to enjoy a better quality of life.
We are seeking a deeply experienced direct response advertising leader with strong national TV advertising, customer acquisition, market segmentation, TV / advertising measurement and modeling experience. The Director of Off-line media will champion efforts to lead our next stage of growth by leading the audience targeting and segmentation strategy that builds awareness and activations through national TV advertising and other segment marketing programs while aligning the strategy with other channel marketing leaders.
Success in this role will allow A Place for Mom to expand our overall advertising driven caregiver acquisition program by targeting both core audiences and defining new, high value segments customers early in their consideration stage while also expanding our overall connection rate through improved on-line conversions through brand channel landing page activations. Additional benefits will be gained through increasing top of mind awareness of the A Place for Mom brand providing incremental value across all marketing channels while also demonstrating support to our 20,000 Senior Living Community Customers.
- Establish core target audiences and new high value customer segments by using both external market data and internal performance analytics to define targets in both national advertising and segmented marketing programs to enable profitable annual growth of 20%+.
- Champion the strategic vision with the internal brand team, creative and media agency partners to translate segmentation strategy into creative messaging and off-line media strategy that drives customer acquisition through both national advertising and specific high value segment marketing programs.
- Set annual growth targets and forecast for annual brand channel customer acquisition targets and measure performance throughout sales funnel using analysis to drive media optimizations that lead to lower customer acquisition costs and higher ROI.
- Develop and maintain brand channel reporting dashboards that allow daily measurement and performance reporting allowing for on-going optimizations through media buy / programming, media network / daypart optimization, creative spot rotation / optimization with a goal of improving overall media efficiencies 10% annually.
- Measure advertising ROI through attribution modeling to set investment customer acquisition performance metrics while gaining alignment among other performance channel leaders including SEO, SEM, Affiliate and executive leadership.
- Lead efforts on landing page testing, measurement and optimization that improve conversion performance on core brand acquisition pages by 10%.
- Establish a more sophisticated media mix modeling / multi touch attribution that demonstrates the value of TV to other APFM marketing channels including SEM and SEO while gaining alignment with marketing channel owners and executive leadership.
- Grow overall value of advertising investment by testing ways to expand customer acquisition earlier in sales funnel (in partnership with nurture / email team) to grow overall connection rate.
- Partner closely with senior leaders across marketing, FP&A and executive team to develop budgets, goals, and define KPI’s to be measured.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven leader in driving high growth direct response advertising and profitable customer acquisition focused businesses.
- Develop advertising acquisition models that forecast and deliver performance based on upfront advertising investment (regression modeling, media mix modeling, multi-touch attribution modeling) while also demonstrating the full value of advertising on direct and indirect marketing channels.
- Manage national advertising programs including television and other direct response media programming, planning media strategy, and budget execution. (10+ years’ experience at a direct-response brand or agency preferred.)
- Lead A / B landing page optimization on brand pages through measurement and creative optimizations.
- Experienced using traditional TV Advertising and ecommerce analytical tools including Google Analytics, TV Squared (or like measurement system), QlikView / Tableau to measure performance trends.
- Highly collaborative: Able to work across functions, geographies, and organizational levels to develop solutions; engages and involves key stakeholders.
- Effective communicator: Clearly communicate needs, results, and recommendations to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills at executive level.
- Deep knowledge of ecommerce, online marketing, and mobile trends.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of the families we serve and customers we support is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices.
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
The position is a salaried position.
About A Place for Mom
A Place for Mom provides a valuable resource for families seeking senior care solutions for their parents. Since A Place for Mom was established in 2000, we have helped over a million families find senior care and housing options and have become the largest senior living referral service in the
U.S and Canada.
Our service is completely free for families; our local Advisors are senior care experts in the markets they operate and know the care, properties, costs and reputation of communities available; in addition most Advisors are deeply experienced and have helped thousands of families find the right solution for their mom or dad. They will provide invaluable guidance to the family saving them time and providing confidence they are making the right decision in coordination and on behalf of their parent or loved one (all at no cost).
A Place for Mom is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and valuing a diverse work team. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all applicants and employees, and to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotions, and treatment on the job, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.