As an Assistant Property Manager at our luxury student housing property you will utilize your proven skills and knowledge to readily adapt to the challenges that accompany supporting your property. You will be responsible for rent collection and posting along with working delinquency consistent to ensure succesful operations. In addition you will be utilizing the PO system to process invoices and ensure all bills are paid on time. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. You will listen carefully to discover resident needs and confidently recommend solutions to overcome concerns. You will actively participate in the leasing and renewal process at your community by engaging with prospective residents, and will demonstrate an expertise in your community and submarket, including market conditions, competitor pricing, and new and pending lease-up developments. Additionally, you will act as a right hand to your Property Manager, providing leadership, delegation, and supervision to the office and service teams and making important business decisions in his or her absence. Assistant Property Managers bring positive energy to each conversation, resolve any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and make everyone feel welcome and appreciated
WHO YOU ARE
- A Leader. You will provide leadership and mentoring to the team, promoting a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- Organized and Accountable . You are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities with both back office duties and residents at the community while accomplishing the property objective.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- A Strong Communicator . Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Motivated . You invest extra energy to reach your goals and help your team reach theirs.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Handle transactions like accepting rent and deposits and inspecting move-ins and move-outs along with legal proceedings including eviction process
- Connect people to community through effective resident relations, leasing administration and coaching the team
- Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents. Prepare financial reports for the home office and regional management.
- Build community and industry knowledge by identifying community trends to prepare for future occupancy needs and offering recommendations and training.
- Show off our community by prioritizing curb appeal and maintaining accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the property and market
- Train and collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any leasing issues that arise.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Experience utilizing CRM software, Entrata preferred
- Prior sales experience in leasing, retail, banking, or other related field(s)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Strong collections and organization experience
- Demonstrated ability to secure leases and provide sales leadership and training
- Familiarity and comfort with performance metrics, sales quotas, and financial concepts
- College degree or coursework
Job Type: Full-time