A Mother's Touch Child Development Center is recognized in the State of NC as a 4 Star Center which operates 24 hours 7 days a week caring for children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age. We offer the same programs, services and educational enrichments as a larger daycare facility, but in a home environment that is both familiar and relaxing for young children. Our small size helps us to provide personalized and individual attention for every child in our care. We have been in operation since January 2000 serving a diverse group of families and needs.Job Description
Seeking a seasoned Preschool Teacher with at least 12 semester hours in Early Childhood Education Preferable 2 yrs of experience and knowledge of this particular age group.
Must have a current qualification letter, SIDS Certificate and TB Test completed
Infant Teacher Responsibilities:
- Routine is critically important for a healthy learning environment. Candidates must be able to work within the parameters of the class schedule.
- Proactive preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes and during lunch
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize the issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
- Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and faculty meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- CDA or TCC Preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teaching assistant or similar role.
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
- Must have a compassionate and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation abilities.
- Must be willing and capable of benefiting from training and supervision.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with children, parents and support personnel.
- Be sensitive and responsive to cultural differences of consumers, center personnel and constituents.
Job Type: Full-time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A Mother's Touch Child Development Center