Full Time / Part Time position for a small but busy medical billing office. Friendly, business casual office, located in Aurora, IL (off of Orchard Rd, south of I-88).
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8-4:30. Hourly Pay: Depends on experience. Please provide your hourly expectation.
No nights/no weekends/no overtime
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Through appropriate account review on billed claims, contact third party payors for status and resolution.
- Requests additional information from physician offices, patients, and others as needed to resolve payor requests.
- Identify billing or coding issues and request re-bills, secondary billing, or corrected bills as needed.
- Updates patient demographics as needed and correct plan IDs.
- Obtain pre-authorizations and patient benefits
- Posts appropriate follow-up notes/status to accounts.
- Written appeals and corrections to third party payors as needed.
- Recognizes repetitive errors and delays with payors and escalates payment delays/ problems accounts timely to manager.
- Perform special projects and other duties as needed.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal Laws Regulations
- Thorough understanding of the revenue cycle process for physician billing
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn billing systems
- Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Must have good oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Familiar with terms such as HMO, PPO, IPA and Capitation
- Understanding/ability to read an EOB.
- Intermediate understanding of HCFA 1500 forms.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize duties and follow-through completely with assigned tasks.
- 2-3 years medical claims and/or collections experience
- Podiatry experience preferred
- Advanced MD
With over 45 years of combined healthcare experience, our staff is dedicated to providing medical offices with uncompromised medical billing services and medical billing software.
We are ethical, knowledgeable, and passionate about our business.
A Med Billing, Inc.A Med Billing, Inc is a full-service medical billing company locally owned and operated in the Chicago suburb of Aurora. Our staff, facility, and work is performed at 2418 West Indian Trail, Suite F, Aurora, IL 60506. With over 45 years of combined healthcare experience, our staff is dedicated to providing medical offices with uncompromised medical billing services and medical billing software. We are ethical, knowledgeable, and passionate about our business.