Remote Business Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position is fully remote, but is based out of Denver, CO, and as such, will require candidates to work on MST schedule
As a Sr. Business analyst within our Work & Rewards line of business, you will play a key role in product development projects by ensuring the organization’s needs are articulated as user stories for the Agile Scrum teams. In this role you will practice the fundamentals of scope definition, requirements gathering, as well as system conceptual design. You will work closely with the Product Owner to take the product management leadership team’s vision to defining scope; working with our UI/UX team to develop conceptual designs and understanding user experience and working with the team to create functional requirements. You will be focused on managing a development backlog and working collaboratively with your Product Owner and Scrum team to successfully deliver product releases. Additionally, you will assist in communications to announce new features and provide additional analysis support for our Product and business teams.
Sr. Business Analyst Position Responsibilities
• Works closely with Product Owner and Managers/Leaders across our business to stay connected to the needs of the users in order to enable them to articulate the business scenarios across a portfolio of products
• As a key member of a scrum team(s), responsible for continuously grooming the backlog and working directly with Engineering, QA, and Scrum Master to facilitate software development and remove roadblocks
• Help prioritizes Release backlog and Sprint backlog to ensure stories are ordered in a logical manner, incorporating feedback from Engineering and Product teams, taking into consideration dependencies and incremental development goals
• Participate in all sprint ceremonies, and lead grooming/backlog refinement meetings
• Triage bugs and defects during development
• Communicates the technical needs of end users, conducts initial requirement walk-throughs with scrum teams, clarifies requirements daily through each sprint, works directly with all members of the Scrum Team with close consideration of cross-domain topics
• Proactively makes decisions on behalf of the Product team in conjunction with the Product Owner to unblock Scrum Teams
• Escalates questions or issues to Product Owners or Product Managers or Program team & PMO as needed
• Performs User Acceptance Testing (UAT), where applicable
• Responsible for the success of the release
• Problem articulation – no solutioning or implementation – use the teams to help with defining solutions through collaboration
• Use trusted methods – Story mapping, user stories, acceptance criteria
The individual in this role will have the opportunity to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the fields of talent management, compensation, employee engagement, workforce analytics, etc. Our Product Owners are empowered to make key product decisions using their research and understanding of the industry to build best in class solutions.
Sr. Business Analyst Position Requirements
• 3 to 5 years of experience as a Sr. Business Analyst focused on product development activities with a strong focus on technical domain areas including but not limited to: Data Strategy, Enterprise Data Management and Data Integration
• HR Technology knowledge, including but not limited to Talent and Rewards management applications
• Requires strong business analysis, requirements gathering, speaking and writing skills
• Skilled at working with stakeholders to drive decision points and resolutions across an array of functional and business stakeholders
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity
• Detail orientated, strong analytical thinker, capable of making key decisions based on solid research and knowledge of the industry
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work on virtual teams
• Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor or as part of a broader global team
• BS / BA degree or relevant experience
• Some travel required (5-10%)
• Experience working in Agile Development environment
• Skilled at working with stakeholders to drive decision points and resolutions
• Experience working with collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA.
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!
Not Eligible for C2C
A-Line Staffing Solutions