JOB TITLE: Infusion Registered Nurse (Float)
The position will support the San Antonio Region - Northeast, Southeast, Downtown, Stone Oak, Westover Hills, New Braunfels.
What does the Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includes physiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to each group. Supports and adheres to the Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Mixes and administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures.
- Completes all chemotherapy charge forms.
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of pump usage.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and symptom management.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
- Displays appropriate technical skills for the administration of chemotherapy, medications and blood products, to include, but not limited to: venipuncture, central line access and infusion devices.
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on patient fee slips. Acts as a resource person to the medical assistants.
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred
- Willing to consider an entry-, mid-, or senior-level candidate.
- Current or pending oncology certification preferred
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
- Current CPR certification required
For immediate consideration, please email George at firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up-to-date resume and a good time to contact you.
A-Line Staffing Solutions