The ideal candidate will be able to accurately and efficiently fill prescription requests in a high volume automated refill setting. Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician prepares, packages, and distributes medications in a fast-paced production environment. Maintains continuous, consistent work flow in order to meet daily production goals; and has the ability to work productively either independently or as a team with acute attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- Manually fill prescription vials with prescribed tablets and capsules.
- Must read computer generated screens to find indicated merchandise on labeled shelves, verify size and strength.
- Perform basic mathematical reasoning to either count or calculate appropriate number of units needed to fill prescriptions.
- Replenish medication in automated dispensing cells to full capacity; opening large quantities of bottles and cases of product.
- Use of handheld scanner unit to scan barcodes of product, entering expiration and lot information into computer application.
- Maintains high level of focus to avoid cross contamination and performs quality assurance check for expired and/or damaged product.
- Completes weekly cycle counts as assigned by Inventory Mgr.
- Requires audits of cell inventory, counting product at primary and secondary bin locations.
- Assists with research and identification of root cause of discrepancies as needed.
- Prepare cold chain and specialty prescriptions following special requirements for handling and packing.
- Assists with packing and shipping of prescriptions.
- Understands and abides by federal and state HIPAA laws as well as pharmacy standard procedures to ensure patient safety and privacy.
- Demonstrate problem resolution skills: ability to recognize, address and escalate issues to management.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on all cells/cassettes as needed. Includes dissembling of automated cells, replacing broken or missing parts, and performing calibration audits.
Monday- Thursday 2PM-10:30PM Friday 1PM-9:30PM
A-Line Staffing Solutions