- Experience managing payroll for 5,000 or more employees
- 5 or more years of payroll experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance or similar discipline
- 2 or more years of supervisor or management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- CPA certification preferred
- Ultipro and SAP experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Reviews, approves and performs analysis to ensure the accuracy of payroll to employees. Works with HR and other departments to ensure the adherence to company policies and government regulation.
- Develop staffing plans and establish work plans/schedules for projects. Prioritize staff workloads in order to meet objectives and appropriately serve the business. Responsible for personnel management including recruiting/hiring, supervision, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals/objectives and terminations. Develop and train staff to ensure high skill levels.
- Develop and update payroll policies and procedures as necessary. Recommends methods and procedures to improve payroll processes. Implements and designs payroll reports, accounting processes and systems as directed.
- Perform GL accounting work such as payroll journal entries, clearing entries and account reconciliations.
- Interface with Federal and State tax agencies and other third parties to resolve issues that may arise.
- Provides direction to Ultipro (payroll services) to establish new or make changes to existing payroll companies. Additionally, will be the liaison for any problem resolution with Ultipro
- Work with internal and external auditors, and government agencies, as needed.
- Develop ad-hoc reports as necessary for reporting and analysis.
- Leads special projects as appropriate.