Medical Dosimetrist -Eureka, CA
Looking for a Certified Medical Dosimetrist to work with a non-profit health system that was rated top 10% of Radiation Oncology centers nationwide for overall quality of care.
Salary: $50-78 per hour.
**Nationwide Relocation or Sign on Bonus** (requires a two-year commitment)
Medical Dosimetrist Job Summary:
- Performs, assists, or directs the dosimetric treatment planning process as designated by the radiation oncologist or the qualified medical physicist.
- Design a treatment plan by means of computer/or manual computation with optimal beam geometry to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images from one or more data sets.
- Assumes proficiency in image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI and PET.
- Create and transfer reference images and localization markers for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs, CBCTs and other IGRT methods, as specified.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in simulations and tumor localization using specified imaging devices including, but not limited to CT, MRI, and PET.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning and implementation of the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, or other beam modifying devices.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning and implementation of the production of moulds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Communicate with the radiation therapist(s) and assume an advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment or imaging parameters.
- Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record, and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations by an approved method.
- Provide assistance and technical support to the Medical Physicist, in radiation safety and protection, qualitative machine calibrations, quality assurance of treatment plans and radiation oncology equipment.
Medical Dosimetrist Requirements:
- Successful completion of formal dosimetry training
- Two years’ experience performing Radiation Oncology treatment planning
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board Current
- BLS (CPR) card