- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FASTENER ENGINEER SUMMARY STATEMENT/POSITION OVERVIEW
The Fastener Engineer’s role is to support the organization’s fastener procurement and distribution activities including but not limited to fastener drawing interpretation, CAD/math interpretation and plotting. Obtaining and communicating fastener standards and specifications, providing guidance to management, peers, suppliers and Customers on fastener design requirements, and being a proactive proponent of the quality management system among others.
FASTENER ENGINEER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBLITIES
- Interpretation of/and communicating fastener design requirements and specifications.
- Obtain Customer design records; Plot data on CAD math models (as needed).
- Participates in resolving quality issues with Customers and vendors/suppliers.
- Enhance receiving inspection functions.
- Assists in Advanced Product Quality Planning activities when needed.
- Obtains temporary deviation(s) and/or concessions for products from customer(s) when required.
- Maintain control of measuring/test equipment and calibration records.
- Attend training sponsored and/or supported by the company.
- Participate in problem solving initiatives resulting from Customer claims and opportunities for process improvement.
- Assist in supplier development.
- Communicate and control Customer Specific Requirements related to REACH, SVHC, Conflict Minerals, capacity surveys, etc., between suppliers and Customers.
- Interface with Customer and supplier engineering entities when required.
FASTENER ENGINEER SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS (List specific skills required but not defined in Dimensions)
- Bachelor’s degree, certification or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of experience with fasteners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
A-Line Staffing Solutions
EngineeringView all jobs at A-Line Staffing Solutions