A-Line Staffing is now hiring a Data Modeler/Analyst in Smithfield, RI. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting our Data Governance Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics functions.
- You will be a key contributor in helping FIAM leverage data and provide insights for competitive advantage.
- This Senior Data professional is an individual contributor technical role who will work with other roles as part of agile teams working on medium to large data driven solutions.
- You are accountable for helping meet the business objectives of data governance and capturing insights based on data by understanding business requirements and designing solutions that meet those requirements.
- It will be necessary to be comfortable working in a dynamic environment on multiple opportunities and interacting with both Technology and business partners.
- Forwardly moving the organizational towards a culture where data is central to decision-making. In some instances you may be the senior data modeler on a project.
- You will manage expectations for data deliverables and coordinate delivery with other members of the agile team. You will also need to contribute to data analysis and modeling best practices.
The Expertise You Have:
- Good technical data modeling analysis and database design abilities
- Strong data modelling skills with experience modelling for MPP platforms (Hadoop, Snowflake)
- Strong communications skills with the ability to collaborate well and influence both all partners at all levels.
- Minimum 5 Years Dimensional and Relational Data Modeling Experience
- Required proven experience with SAP Power Designer Required.
- Possess a technical degree in a Computer Science or Data related subject.
- Demonstrable experience with Collibra and Data Governance principles.
- Consistent track record of solving real world problems using data.
- Experience in Financial Services or a related industry a plus
The Skills You Bring:
- Experienced Data Analyst and Modeler with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with experience collaborating and influencing across all levels the organization.
- Articulate the value of enterprise conceptual data models and have experience improving existing models and using them to build physical design solutions.
- Enjoy working with business partners on converting business requirements to data solutions.
- Proven experience in requirements gathering data modeling preparing data transformation rules and strong SQL skills.
- Able to design data solutions that help our business partners gather insights from data.
- Technically adept in learning new technologies architectural methodologies and adapting our practices to support frequent changes in the technical environment.
- Possess a strong interest in playing a technical data steward role across all partners to understand and detail our data appropriate data usages and helping FIAM derive the maximum value from its data
- You can take a broad view of data from creation to consumption and understand how data design patterns affect data quality and the ability of users to easily consume data
The Value You Deliver:
- Instrumental in helping to build a Data Driven Culture one of FIAM’s key drivers.
- Accountable for delivery of business and technical data solutions to address business and technology problems by partnering with business and other Technology disciplines.
- Accountable for ensuring the development of centralized best practices that bring together the learnings from each of the delivery teams.
- Responsible for driving innovation and experimentation within the data organization.