A-Line Staffing is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Data Modeler / Analyst located in Jersey City, NJ
Please review the desired qualifications listed below and apply or contact Nate Namiotka with questions.
This Data Modeler/Data Analyst is an individual contributor technical role. In this role, you will be responsible for gathering data requirements and translating those requirements into logical and physical data model solutions which ensure integrated, accurate data within the organization. You will provide solutions that adhere to governance, modeling and naming standards. You must be able to work in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment within the Agile framework. You will interact with various technology partners, including project squad leaders and members and other data modelers and analysts. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual with strong written and interpersonal skills, organizational skills and analytical skills. This candidate must be able to balance multiple requests at a time while adhering to project deadlines.
· Gather requirements from business and technical staff to analyze data requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
· Document database solutions and present solutions to project teams, the Data Engineering team and fellow data modeling team members.
· Integrate data into existing enterprise logical model and physical data stores to avoid data redundancy.
· Ensure all technical database decisions result in coherent system designs which use the most effective processes and tools.
· Use the modeling tool Power Designer to capture clear definitions of data elements and produce code to effect database changes.
· Provide data modeling, logical and physical, for Online Transactional Processing applications.
· Degree required
· 10 years’ experience in a technical field (analysis, development, database administration, report development).
· 6 years’ experience in relational data modeling preferred & Data Analysis.
· Knowledge of financial services business. In depth knowledge of institutional brokerage business preferred.
· Excellent requirements gathering and written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage workload across multiple projects and balance deadlines and work.
· Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
· Strong knowledge of systems development methodologies, specifically Agile.
· Strong working knowledge of data modeling tools such as PowerDesigner and Erwin.
· Knowledge and understanding of different database platforms, such as, Oracle, DB2, Postgres, Hadoop, Snowflake, Netezza.
· General knowledge and ability to use SQL to query data on any of the above DBMS’s.
· Working knowledge of logical and physical data model strategies for relational operating databases.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Nate Namiotka – A-Line Staffing