NOW HIRING! Crisis Line Counselors for a crisis line / managed care organization located in Tempe, AZ
Hours: 2 Shifts currently available:
- Sun, Mon, Tue, Th 2pm to 12am
- Sun, Mon, Tue, Th 10:30a-8:30p
Pay Rate: $28 to $30 per hour
Must have one of the following licenses: Licensed Professional Counselor LPC; Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist LMFT; Licensed Psychologist; Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor LiSAC, Licensed Associate Counselor; Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor LASAC; Licensed Masters Social Worker LMSW; Registered Nurse RN
- 100% on the phone – inbound and outbound calls
- Inbound - Someone calls about the person and this worker provides a safety plan for that individual
- Outbound calls are for people who have already called into the crisis line and check in on them
- Performance – more around quality not time, how are you accessing the person, are you following procedure, are you documenting well
- Ideal candidate would have crisis work in their background, behavioral health agencies who have handled crisis calls,
- 24/7 call center, constant communication is needed
- Provides clinical information and education for inbound calls and outbound calls triages behavioral health crisis calls.
- Uses established protocols and independent professional judgment. Documents assessment, plans, interventions and results.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and triage behavioral health need
- Document calls and actions using standard computer software application
- Provide resource and education to non-licensed behavioral health staff
- Schedule and make follow up calls to provide care facilitation
- Promote recovery concepts and inspire hope
- Work with other internal and external agency personnel to meet callers' needs
- Provide professional assessments, interventions within scope of relevant licensure
- Provide information and behavioral health education to callers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of Behavioral Health experience in crisis interventions, case management, behavioral interventions, therapy, assessment and intake, or related area.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft office and/or data entry systems.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong abilities in data entry, typing, call documentation and customer service skills including active listening.
Must have one of the following licenses: Licensed Professional Counselor; Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; Licensed Psychologist; Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor, Licensed Associate Counselor; Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor; Licensed Masters Social Worker; Registered Nurse