A-line Staffing Solutions is working with a Fortune 100 Company in Washington, DC whom are in need of an experienced Accountant to become a part of the team, this is a Permanent/Direct Hire position, full details below:
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000
- City: Washington, DC
- Direct Hire/Permanent position (THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT)
- Contact Cinthia Diaz at CDiaz@ alinestaffing. com for immediate assistance(remove spaces).
Apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Work with consultants, auditors, and others to analyze and provide information on operational, reporting, or system impact related to policy changes and new products. Contribute to special projects. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Public accounting and/or accounting operations monthly close experience preferred.
- Must have specific examples of simplifying large data sets using excel; particularly with excel pivots, sumifs and VLOOKUPS, required.
- Must have experience communicating and collaborating with different Business Units.
- CPA or CPA in progress strongly preferred.
- Secondary mortgage market experience is a plus.
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills required.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting required.
- Must have specific examples of preparing and presenting accounting results to stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret financial impact of data.
Contact Cinthia Diaz at CDiaz@ alinestaffing. com for immediate assistance(remove spaces).