A-Line Staffing Solutions is Hiring Certified Pharmacy Technicians in Sacramento for a Leading National Specialty Mail Order Pharmacy (Closed Door Pharmacy)
The ideal candidate will be able to accurately and efficiently fill prescription requests in a high-volume automated refill setting. Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician prepares, packages, and distributes medications in a fast-paced production environment. Maintains continuous, consistent workflow in order to meet daily production goals; and has the ability to work productively either independently or as a team with acute attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
Manually fill prescription vials with prescribed tablets and capsules. Must read computer generated screens to find indicated merchandise on labeled shelves, verify size and strength. Perform basic mathematical reasoning to either count or calculate appropriate number of units needed to fill prescriptions.
SHIFT: 02:00:PM-10:30:PM [Lunch: 06:00:PM-06:30:PM]
· Replenish medication in automated dispensing cells to full capacity; opening large quantities of bottles and cases of product.
· Use of handheld scanner unit to scan barcodes of product, entering expiration and lot information into computer application.
· Maintains high level of focus to avoid cross contamination and performs quality assurance check for expired and/or damaged product.
· Completes weekly cycle counts as assigned by Inventory Mgr.
· Requires audits of cell inventory, counting product at primary and secondary bin locations.
· Assists with research and identification of root cause of discrepancies as needed.
· Prepare cold chain and specialty prescriptions following special requirements for handling and packing.
· Assists with packing and shipping of prescriptions.
· Understands and abides by federal and state HIPAA laws as well as pharmacy standard procedures to ensure patient safety and privacy.
· Perform cleaning and maintenance on all cells/cassettes as needed. Includes dissembling of automated cells, replacing broken or missing parts, and performing calibration audits.
· Clear, Active Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy
· National Pharmacy Technician Certification by PTCB or EXCPT
· Minimum 1 year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
· Demonstrate problem resolution skills: ability to recognize, address and escalate issues to management.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical reasoning to either count or calculate appropriate number of units needed to fill prescriptions.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Michael Nichols at email@example.com
Call Michael at 214-641-9233 to follow up, or to inquire
A-Line Staffing Solutions